Sunday, September 29, 2013

What is Northern Ireland like compared to the Republic of Ireland?

school bags ireland
 on Whould you use this bag for school? - Yahoo! UK & Ireland Answers
school bags ireland image
Q. I am very interested in moving to Ireland when I'm older. I currently live in England.

Here are some of the things I would like to know about:

-Weather (I really don't like extremely hot weather)
-Education
-Night life
-People (are they friendly?)
-Housing
-Racism (I am mixed White Caucasian and Indian)


Answer
We in Ireland, Northern or Republic, have more or less the same climate you have in England, only a couple of degrees colder and a bit wetter if you live in the South East of England. You've no fear of extremely hot weather over here!

Nightlife - honestly couldn't say, nightclubs really aren't my bag anymore, and anyway, it would depend whereabouts you live, cities would have the best nightlife, we have the same types of clubs on both sides of the border, the Republic of Ireland would have more choice obviously since it's bigger.

Education - from personal experience I honestly couldn't say either. I received my schooling in Northern Ireland, and thoroughly enjoyed my education and the opportunities it gave me. I have heard it said that the education is better in ROI, but I wasn't educated there so can't give my opinion.

I went to a grammar school, which I got a place in due to my eleven plus results, but this has been scrapped and as far as I am aware the government are squabbling about what it should be replaced with. Apparently they thought academic selection was a bad thing.

People are mostly friendly, but not everyone, same as in any other country.

Housing is cheaper in NI

Racism is more prevalent in NI - diversity in NI is a relatively new thing. For decades Northern Ireland was a very undesirable place to live - it's only in recent years that people from outside the UK or Ireland have come to live here, and this has not gone down well with a small minority of people, who'se actions unfortunately give the whole place a bad name.

As an English person, however, you are unlikely to experence any problems, it's generally the Eastern Europeans they have a problem with, who they accuse of 'taking their jobs' to explain their own unemployment when they probably never wanted a job in the first place...

Where do I start in moving to Ireland?




John S


I have been playing with the idea for awhile now, but now I'm starting to get serious about it. However where do I start?

(sidenote I don't plan on doing this for another 5 years, this isn't just on a whim)

I have an associates degree and work as an EMT-B but will be going for Paramedic (unless I decide to become a nurse instead). My girlfriend is still in school and will be getting her bachelor's in aquatic sciences by the time we move. We're moving there without much, a backpack and two bags each really and about $30,000.
Not sure if it's relevant but I also have a bunch of years of retail management and she practically runs the hotel she works at.



Answer
Radically unless you have possession of a European passport you won't be able to live and work in Ireland.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is Northern Ireland like compared to the Republic of Ireland?
Rating: 95% based on 9768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment