Wednesday, November 6, 2013

What is a good lightweight backpack for hiking?

best kids backpack for hiking
 on Backpack Buying Guide - How to Buy a Backpack
best kids backpack for hiking image



Brian P


I am looking to start doing some lightweight hiking and camping and I am looking for a good internal frame pack that will hold enough clothing and equipment for my 7year old son and I for 2 days. If anyone has any input I would be most thankful.

Brian



Answer
a lightweight pack for 2 is going to be a little tough
if you pack a tent and two sleeping bags and pads, you are going to need some volume
I have a Jansport that is around 4200 cu in and It works pretty good for a 3 day trip in summer or 2 day in winter if weather is mild
try info at REI
they also carry some pretty good stuff
Campmor has some good prices
the best bet on a pack is to get all your stuff together that you think you will take and pack it all down to camping supply store and see what fits
http://www.rei.com/expertadvice/articles/backpack.html
http://www.rei.com/expertadvice/articles/backpacking+kids.html
http://www.rei.com/expertadvice/camping
http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Home_

What are some good jobs that would allow me to go backpacking, and have limited contact with other people?




Shinigami


Something I could start doing after 2 years training in community college or even work my way up from the bottom if I got hired right now, or something I could do after taking a NOLS course? Studying animals, plants, trees, rocks, trail maintenance? Where do I begin? I can't work with the public or any sort of policing/rangering isn't my style, nor anything more dangerous than hiking/backpacking. I can't teach kids or give speeches. I could write reports, make observations, do hard work, but not Sherpa style, and no internships or volunteering which are against my philosophy. Have I whittled it down to nothing?
My philosophy is that I get paid for my efforts in life.
Yeah, not even a clue. I don't even know where to begin?



Answer
I know theres places in the Smokey Mountains like around Ober Gatlinburg that will pay you about 200,000 a year to live in a cabin on the mountain to just...well watch the mountain lol...but you pretty much have to stay there...thats about all I know though...don't know many details about it or how to go about getting hired...I know if they could run dsl/cable out there I might do it lol




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is a good lightweight backpack for hiking?
Rating: 95% based on 9768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment