Saturday, March 29, 2014

can someone who speaks fluent spanish help me translate this letter from english to spanish? (for school)?




jennyx0x


everything below is what i need translated. thanks :)

-Where did you go?
-What did you do?
-What happened at the airport?
-What did you do when you were there?

I went to Australia. I planned my vacation two months in advance and packed a week before. I brought my friends and family. When we arrived at the airport we made sure we had all of our luggage. All the kids were excited to see the planes take off. We went by security to get our bags checked. We had a lot of metal items taken away from us. After about an hour and a half we finally got on the plane and took off. The ride was about 24 hours long. It was boring and miserable, but worth the wait. When we got to the hotel we all instantly went to sleep. The next day we woke up early and visited all the attractions of australia. We saw kangaroos, went scuba diving, and saw the Sydney Harbor Bridge. It was a fun vacation but it soon became time to go home. The ride back felt even longer than the ride there.



Answer
¿-qué hizistes?
¿-qué pasó en el aeropuerto?
¿-qué hizistes cuándo estabas ahi?

Fui a Australia. Planifiqué mis vacaciones dos meses por adelantado e hice las maletas una semana antes. Traje a mis amigos y familia. Cuando llegamos al aeropuerto nos aseguramos que nosotros teníamos todo nuestro equipaje. Todos los niños estuvieron excitados para ver los aviones salir. Pasamos por seguridad para que nuestras maletas fueran chequeadas. Nosotros teníamos muchos artículos metálicos llevados de nosotros. Después de aproximadamente una hora y medio finalmente subimos el avión y salimos. El paseo era aproximadamente 24 horas de largo. Era aburrido y miserable, pero el valor del esperar. Cuando nos pusimos al hotel al instante fuimos a dormir. Al día siguiente nos despertamos temprano y visitamos toda la atracción de australia.Nosotros vimos canguros, fue el buceo con botellas de oxígeno, y vio el Puente de Puerto de Sydney. Esto era las vacaciones de diversión pero esto pronto se hizo el tiempo para irse a casa. El paseo atrás sentido aún más largo que el paseo allí.

Please, can you help me with this? Please!?




Kate


I need to have the first part of my chapter 1 done tomorrow, and I just finished it, but it's...really bad. And I can't make it better, no matter what I change. Can you please help me make it better? I don't know what to do to improve it!

âSydney from Kids at Heart, how may I help you?"
I glance at Aaron in the living room, whose eyes are glued to the screen and fingers rapidly clicking the controller. Perfect. "I'd like to enroll my son in your after school care."
"Great! Can I have your name please?"
Damn. What was it again? I cover the phone with my hand, calling out to Aaron, "Hey, what's mom's name?"
"Jessica," he says simply, then turns to give me a suspicious look. "Why?"
"Uh, school," I say, but I can tell he doesn't buy it. He pretends to start playing his game again but he's a horrible faker. There's no doubt in my mind he's all ears to me now.
"Jessica Bernal," I say quietly in the phone. I hear her typing on the other line, then her bubbly voice comes through again.
"Nice to meet you Jessica. Can I have a phone and social security number?"
I tell her the information, all the while eying the clock just to my right. Only five minutes left. Why didn't I do this earlier?
"Ma'am?"
Oh, right. "Um, I will be out of town tomorrow, so my daughter will bring him in."
"Fabulous. We open at 4:00 P.M."
"Wait, what? I thought Kids at Heart opened at 3:30 P.M?"
"Kids at Heart?" Aaron calls from the living room. Shoot, I forgot about Aaron. âLyss no, I told you I can take care of myself!â
âSo see you tomorrow at six then,â I say quickly into the phone before hanging up. âAaron, wait,â I say as he runs up the stairs. But he ignores me until he reaches the top, then yells without turning, âIâm not going!â I sigh when I hear the resounding slam of his bedroom door. Thatâs going to take some fixing up.
âWhat did you do?â
I jump a little in surprise, but then I see mom standing there. Sheâs carrying a few shopping bags in her left hand, balancing a plant pot in the crook of her right arm. Her brown hair is tied back in a bun and her mascara is a tad smudged, which I know will give her a heart attack when she gets a hold of a mirror.
âMind giving me a hand?â she asks me, raising her eyebrow.
âOkay,â I say, carefully taking the plant and placing it on the kitchen counter. Ignoring her grimace, I wipe my hands on my jeans, not liking the feel of the dirt between my fingers.
âYou know, thereâs some paper towels over there by the sink.â
âI know.â
She sighs. âOf course you do. Now make yourself useful and put away the groceries. I need a hot shower.â
Sheâs almost up the stairs when she turns and gives me a look. âWhat did you do to Aaron? He seemed pretty angry when I came in.â
âNothing, really. Heâs fine, mom, we just had a little argument. Thatâs all.â
She nods and purses her lips. âWell, fix it then.â After she leaves, I turn to put away the groceries, muttering not-so-nice things about the shopping bag lady.
Make yourself useful? What have I been doing for the past year? Only taking care of Aaron and running the household while you fix your damn make-up and drink hot tea with your girlfriends.
âHell with it,â I mutter as I grab a grocery sack from the counter. Itâs heavier than I thought it would be. I start carrying it to the fridge when I hear a ripping sound from the bottom of the bag. Looking down, I see the milk carton laying there on the tile floor. I pick it, thinking that maybe I got lucky and it didnât break. But as soon as it leaves the floor, liquid starts dripping steadily from the side, and after further investigation I realize that thereâs a hole and the milk is leaking.
I try to swallow the lump in my throat as I grab a mop from the closet. But as I mop the milk mess, I feel my eyes start to dampen and I choke back a sob.
âAt least dad isnât here,â I say to myself. Then Iâd be in trouble.

Thank you so much! I'm desperate...
@Belle I'm thankful you want to help. No real reason that she couldn't remember her mom's name, just that she choked a little under the pressure. The MC wants her brother in daycare because of her abusive alcoholic dad, who tends to take out his temper on the little brother more than anyone. Before they just had him hide in the basement, but the MC doesn't think that's very healty for a nine year old and wants to put him somewhere safe where he can't be harmed but can still have fun with kids his age.

Hope that cleared up any confusion. Feel free to ask any more questions if something's still not quite clicking. :)



Answer
Hi. I'd like to help, but I've got some plot questions. How does she not know her mother's name, but has her social security number? Why is she trying to get Aaron to Kids at Heart?

Maybe with answers to these, I can help.

Belle

-----------------------------
Okay - here are my thoughts (which are just my opinion - feel free to ignore them.)

Iâd open with something that puts this scene in context. Perhapsâ¦


The clock shows 4:15. My brother Aaron got home from school a little after 3:30. He has until 6 before I need to get him into the basement.

My chest tightens at the thought. Itâs not fair he has to hide down there all the time. Mom only cares aboutâ¦Mom. And Dad? Aaron still has black/purple bruises on his back and legs.

Making up my mind, I grab for the phone and dial a number Iâve had memorized for a while.

âSydney from Kids at Heart. How may I help you?"

I glance at Aaron in the living room, whose eyes are glued to the screen and fingers rapidly clicking the controller. Perfect. "I'd like to enroll my son in your after school care."

"Great! Can I have your name please?"

"My name? Jessica Bernal."

"You're not Mom. What are you doing?" He turns to give me a suspicious look.

"Uh, school," I say, but I can tell he doesn't buy it. He pretends to start playing his game again but he's a horrible faker. There's no doubt in my mind he's all ears to me now.

I hear her typing on the other line, then her bubbly voice comes through again.

"Nice to meet you, Jessica. Can I have a phone and social security number?"

etc.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: can someone who speaks fluent spanish help me translate this letter from english to spanish? (for school)?
Rating: 95% based on 9768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment