Tuesday, June 3, 2014

How can I be prepared for school?




Claymore #


I have some trouble getting organized, and I need some help
-I need tips on organizing my bag
-I need tips on taking notes, since it always ends up being a block with unreadable words
-I need help with getting up early
Thank you all!! It is very appreciated ;)



Answer
For your bag:
To and from school, I carry a 1 inch binder with ALL my subjects in it. This way I KNOW I have everything I need. Each subject is divided with a Divider that HAS POCKETS (very useful for handouts when you don't have time to hole punch). To keep my binder from getting full, at home I keep a 1 inch binder for EACH subject, and at the end of a unit, or when my binder is getting too full I take papers from the to and from school binder and put it in the corresponding binder at home. Keep extra loose leaf at the front pocket of your to and from binder. If you don't think 1 inch is big enough, go for 1 and a half, but once you get to 2 inches, your bag isn't really light anymore, and you want to minimize the amount of stuff you carry home.
Some other useful stuff for your bag: pencil case! You don't want everything randomly lying in your bag so you have to dig for a pencil. Posits! Great for if you want to flag something, say you didn't understand something your teacher taught and you want to ask her a question about it later, or look it up online when you get home. A hole punch! High school is all about handouts. Personally, I also keep a lip balm, a snack, and a pocket do it yourself hangman or sudoku for extreme boredom.

For taking notes:
Try to subdivide your notes. For example, if your teacher is talking about how the Mongols Invaded China, write Mongols Invade China. Underneath that, indent a little bit and write details, like this:
Mongols Invade China
____ -detail
____-detail
____-detail
_______ -you can subdivide further

When you're finished taking notes, highlight or underline the most important stuff, this helps a lot for classes where you take a lot of notes, because as you're taking notes you can't always tell what's the most important.
Using different color pens also helps, for example you can make the headings all blue, and then the details black, or a different color for each section.
Use abbreviations that you understand.
Diagrams often help, for example the structure of social class, or a time line, or a cycle of events. This way it's visual and easier to remember for a test.
If you still feel that your notes look like a block of text, try skipping lines in between certain things

For waking up:
I know this probably sounds like your mother, but go to bed at a reasonable time! Do your homework when you get home, and if you can't do it right away, allow your self a small break, like half an hour, and then start it! Take breaks so your brain remains functional. If you know you often get side tradked on the internet, do all your hw that requires the intnet first, then shut off your computer or internet for the rest of the time If you have too much Hw and it's already late, do some in the morning, your brain is thinking better then. Set your self an alarm, and if you know you'll keep pressing snooze, set a a second alarm on your phone, for the latest time that you can wake up with out being late, but put your phone away from your bed, so unless you get up it will keep beeping. Also, in the morning, you can drink tea. It has caffeine in it, but it's better for you than coffee. And it tastes great! It really helps me to stay focused in the morning, and for my first couple of classes I bring an insulated beverage bottle with tea to school.

MIDDLE SCHOOL HELP!!!!!!!!! pLEasE!?!?!?




I Pee Far


hi well i have business day at my school its a day on which you sell a selfmade project to make money. have decided to do origami (im in 8th grade) but i dont know which ones to choose, whats te most popular thing to make of origami?


Answer
Cranes. There's a superstition in Korea (and shared in China as well) that if you make a thousand paper cranes, a wish will be granted - usually something along the lines of 'I wish that guy would ask me out'. You could sell bags of pre-made cranes.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How can I be prepared for school?
Rating: 95% based on 9768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment