Saturday, August 17, 2013

Can walking 1.5 miles every other day home with a heavy backpack prevent me from growing any taller?

kids backpacks for school with wheels
 on creativity kids: cardboard coupe :: Creativity for Kids: Pop Up ...
kids backpacks for school with wheels image



Ryan


Im a 14 year old male and i have to walk home usually on Tuesdays and Thursday from my school which is 1.5 miles away from my house. And i was just wondering could this effect me growing anymore because im only about 5' 4' and the other kids in my class are about 5' 9" or so. Also none of them have to walk home or that far so could that be why i'm so much smaller?


Answer
Hi,

Yes, carrying heavy bags to school on a regular basis could be the reason for your reduced growth.
It could also just be natural, Im male and when I was 14 I was 5,2, but in 1 year I grew to 5,6, and kept going :D.

There are also other permanent problems you are risking by carying the bag that may serously effect you later in your life. These include nervous, and muscular trauma.

I would recommend, that you get a bag with wheels on the bottom that you can pull, or find place to leave your books in school.

Hope this Helps

John

When did kids start taking rolling suitcases to school?




icecold





Answer
When we decided to do something about the threat of Scoliosis ( I think that's how it is spelled.) I myself take a rolling backpack to school and I assure you it is much better for your back than lugging around a ton of textbooks with a traditional backpack. In case you aren't aware, scoliosis is when the vertebrae becomes crooked because of extended periods of uneven weight distribution. Since back packs are hardly centered scoliosis can show up when the child becomes older.

And they aren't really rolling suitcases, they are just backpacks with wheels and a plastic frame.

I hope I answered your question!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can walking 1.5 miles every other day home with a heavy backpack prevent me from growing any taller?
Rating: 95% based on 9768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog and absolutely outstanding. You can do something much better but i still say this perfect.Keep trying for the best. Backpacks

    ReplyDelete