Monday, September 2, 2013

Do kids need to bring anything with them to preschool?

preschool kids backpacks for school
 on Present for Kids New Christmas Gift for Children School Bags Backpack ...
preschool kids backpacks for school image



xoxo


my child is starting preschool soon and I want to know if kids usually bring things with them. I am guessing they are too young to need a back pack, since it's not like they will have a lot of books or homework. Just curious.


Answer
Well, go ahead and get him a backpack anyway. It will help get him into the "school" mode, and help to make him feel like a big kid.

You can pack extra clothes, diapers or Pull-Ups (if he still uses them), a favorite item, etc; and the teachers can use it to send home notes, drawings, etc. You should also check to see if they require him to bring a blanket, any crayons or other accoutrement's, etc; but more than likely they have this already.

The very most importenest thing he can bring, and don't forget to tell him, is his curiosity and imagination. Welcome to your first step into a much bigger world, and good luck with school!

How can I help my 2 yo toddler deal with going to School? He cries a lot :(?




Jackie


He only goes for 3 hours, but he cries sooo much when gwe get there. He's been going for a week now and it doesn't seem to get any better and it really breaks my heart! Are there any ways to help him?


Answer
It usually takes a child a month or two to become adjusted to going to school. My son started preschool when he was 27 months and it took about a month and a half before he settled in. Now, he's 29 months, he's thriving and I know bringing him was the best choice I could have made for him (he goes twice a week for 1.5 hours).

Things you can do to help are always be positive about school. Ask him about what he does in class, excitedly. Ask him about his new friends, his teachers etc. Ask the teacher if you can bring in a camera and take pictures of the class/other kids and then show them to your son throughout the week so they become familiar. If he doesn't have his own backpack/lunchbag, bring him shopping for one and make a big deal about it being his big boy bag. Then, only use it for school. Always tell your son you'll be back to pick him up after X, at our school it's after snack time. (ETA: I should have clarified...this is the last thing I say to him. I give him a kiss and say I'll be back after snack." It's not a goodbye, although he understands that's implied, and I'm reassuring him that I will be back for him.)

Most kids will cry and fuss for a little while when you first get there for the first few weeks but as soon as you leave they stop. Some kids, however, just aren't ready for school at 2. There were two kids in my son's class that would cry for the entire class for the first two months and they finally decided to stop coming and try again in a year. Talk to your son's teacher, she'll know best how he's behaving once you leave and if she thinks there may be a problem with readiness. Most likely, in a couple weeks, your son will run off to play and forget you're even there.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Do kids need to bring anything with them to preschool?
Rating: 95% based on 9768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment