Friday, November 22, 2013

My kid is entering a public elementary school in the US: what should I be expected to pay during school year?

best backpacks for elementary school kids
 on Zendaya Donates Backpacks To Ann Street Elementary School - Polyvore
best backpacks for elementary school kids image



2pasc


I am new to the US, so I am curious what should I have to pay:
- books?
- kids activities?
- food?
- tuition?



Answer
In public school, you don't have to pay tuition, it comes out of your taxes. You might have to pay for his lunch, but you can apply for free lunch. Books are usually free as long as he doesn't damage them in any way or lose them, and kid activities such as field trips you do have to pay for but you can choose whether or not to let him go on the field trips. You will have to get him school supplies such as folders, pencils, backpack, etc. The teacher should give you a list of what you need to buy

What should I teach in India about Canada?




niamh


I a little over a month I will be leaving for India on a missions trip to teach is various day schools. I have decided I will be teaching social studies because it was always one of my favourite subjects in elementary school. I have a booklet I found from grade three that I will be recreating and handing out but I was wondering if there were other things I could do to teach the students about canada. Any elementary school teachers have any advice on what or how to teach them ? keep in mind I have limited resources, anything I am going to bring to he kids (booklets, handouts) I will have to make and print here and bring them with me in my backpack. Thank you in advance.


Answer
Introduce new games/sports! Learn them basic language (e.g. Hello)
what Canada is famous for etc! Its really teaching them basic knowledge




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: My kid is entering a public elementary school in the US: what should I be expected to pay during school year?
Rating: 95% based on 9768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment