Thursday, March 20, 2014

Good Backpack for Freshman girl?




Megan


I'm going to be a Freshman. At the other school I went to I didn't have a lot of books to carry so I used like a AE tote. But this year I don't see me using a tote. Should I get one with designs on it or just a plain one? I was looking at north face ones but I don't know what one is a good one for high school.
Please let me know your thoughts and if you have any ideas what backpack I should get.
Thanks in advance!



Answer
What budget are your parents allowing you to spend on a backpack?

I would look for a backpack that is made of a durable cordura denier fabric which is waterproof. Look at the stiching all over the backpack. Make sure that the shoulder straps are contoured and well padded (TRUST me on this) and that there is some padding on the back of the backpack (you do not want to have a full load of books and having that constantly hitting your back every time you move around). Look for a backpack with multiple pockets and compartments and look for a side pocket to store your water bottle.
What I found that was important is to have a well made top grip handle. You don't want to lift your backpack (especially when it is heavy) and that top handle rips off (that happened to me before using a cheap backpack during my freshman year in college).

If you are set on buying a North Face brand backpack, I would opt for these:
http://www.thenorthface.com/catalog/sc-gear/equipment-daypacks/heckler.html
http://www.thenorthface.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=223751&storeId=207&catalogId=10201&langId=-1&from=subCat&parent_category_rn=24451&variationId=QL2

The North Face Jester is the least expensive out of all of the models. I used to carry that one and I HATED it. It did not have enough space and the way the backpack straps were situated, it tore a tendon on my arm last year. Needless to say, I got rid of it.

I am a firm believer in Oakley backpacks. A little pricey, but I have never ever had a problem with quality and functionality. I am giving you links to Oakley Vault (Oakley's online outlet store):
http://oakleyvault.com/product/silvia-pack-2/82091OVT-62C
http://oakleyvault.com/product/quilted-backpack
There are more newer models on Zappos.com.

Backpack for a high school girl?




Erika


What kind of backpacks do high school girls use?
How big would you recommend?
Tote? Or like Backpack, and like which colors are in???
I think i am also going to be carrying my purse, and might want to put my purse in my backpack occasionally?



Answer
Hey girl!

Backpacks can be .... confusing, to say the least. You want one that's durable, but also stylish. Easy to carry, yet not too small. Big, yet not overpowering.

Many girls have resorted into carrying large purses or tote bags with them instead of backpacks. This works well for many but hardly works for some. Many who carry purses put important things in the purse and carry the rest which can be very convenient!

... which can be perfect for you purse!

Although purses / totes are in, for a more urban / functional look, carry around a shoulder backpack.

Like this one: http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=22891972&parentid=W_ACC_BAGS

This type of bag holds more than a purse but not that much more! This bag is for a more medium to medium heavy load

Typical looking backpacks, like JanSport bags, aren't "in style" at the moment, although they are very durable. Although, exceptions can be made.

Like this bag: http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=23993264&parentid=W_ACC_BAGS

It's functional and durable, yet stylish!

This one is for the really really heavy loads, so maybe a freshman year or junior year of high school bag!

If you want to know about what colors are in style, "colors" isn't necessarily the right word for some bags. "Patterns" is.

Backpacks with floral or tribal prints are very much in style for backpacks / urban shoulder bags

If you want to be daring and try to find a solid color, make sure it's light or pastel-esque. Solid colors are also acceptable with purses.

Purses and patterns don't necessarily mix. Maybe tote bag and patterns, but not purses and patterns.

All in all, it really does depend of how much work your getting.

Remember that a bag is supposed to last all year, so don't sell yourself short! Make sure you find the right bag for your work load and your style!

I really like the backpacks at UrbanOutfitters, although they can be expensive. But they are durable.

Forever 21 has good, cheap purses as well as UrbanOutfitters!

Good Luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Good Backpack for Freshman girl?
Rating: 95% based on 9768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment