Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Use of backpacks/school bags in history?




19stepsup


Does anyone know the history of bookbags? By that I mean what type of bags were used by kids going to school in the 1930's, 40's, 50's, etc, up to modern bookbags. Pictures/links?

Thanks!



Answer
The school satchel was popular in Britain, although most High school kids would have a briefcase like Dad's. My satchel had straps to carry on my back rather than slung over my shoulders. It was very awkward especially when wearing a damp gabardine overcoat.

Donating old school bags?




setashort5


I have about 25 messenger and backpacks, most of them never used. (bought them on sale and then the school made a no backpack rule) Is there anywhere I can send them to be donated? I really don't want to give them to good will or salvation army is there anywhere that gives school bags to thee needy?


Answer
www.risingfountains.org

I have been sending school supplies but the kids have no shoes, let alone bookbags. I know it will be a little extra for you to send here but it's well worth it when you realize what a difference you'll be making!

Rising Fountains Development Program
P.O. Box 530230
Lundazi
Zambia
AFRICA




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Use of backpacks/school bags in history?
Rating: 95% based on 9768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment