Monday, June 9, 2014

Use of backpacks/school bags in history?




19stepsup


Does anyone know the history of bookbags? By that I mean what type of bags were used by kids going to school in the 1930's, 40's, 50's, etc, up to modern bookbags. Pictures/links?

Thanks!



Answer
The school satchel was popular in Britain, although most High school kids would have a briefcase like Dad's. My satchel had straps to carry on my back rather than slung over my shoulders. It was very awkward especially when wearing a damp gabardine overcoat.

Messenger bag/ satchel for school?




Hannah


I am looking for a satchel/messenger bag for school. I would like for it to be strong and for me to be able to buy it at a store at a mall instead of ordering it online.
Something like this:
http://www.besportier.com/archives/messenger-bags-for-men-j-crew-bowery-messenger-bag.jpg
or.. http://www.nileguide.com/destination/blog/files/2009/10/leather-satchel.jpg
If not can someone tell me where I could buy a backpack that is neutral colored. Please don't tell me that i should buy jansport or backpacks from pacsun, american eagle, hollister... ect.



Answer
For a neutral coloured messenger bag, try nordstrom, martin + osa, urban outfitters, j crew, guess, oakley, or even some vintage resale shops :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Use of backpacks/school bags in history?
Rating: 95% based on 9768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment