Thursday, October 10, 2013

I need people who were born in the 1950s?

school bags 1950s
 on ... School Girls: True Life Tales of Crime and Punishment in The 1950s
school bags 1950s image



dana


I have to interview people who were born in the 1950s and since I don't have any grandparents I was wondering if people could help me out. The questions are listed below. Thank you to the people that help.


1.State your name. What was your approximate age and occupation in the year 1960?

2.Do you remember the Cold War of the 1950s and 1960s? Discuss how you felt about the existence of Communism in the world.

3. Do you remember the Cuban Missile Crisis in the fall of 1962? What were your feelings during those days?

4. What was your opinion of President John F. Kennedy? Do you remember where you were the day of his assassination in 1963? Please share your memories of that time.

5. What was your opinion of President Lyndon Johnson?

6. What was your opinion about the United Statesâ involvement in the Vietnam War?

7. Did you (or your family) own a television during the 1960s? If so, what were your favorite 1960s TV shows? Why did you choose those shows?

8. Do you remember the African American civil rights movement of the 1960s? For example, do you recall the August, 1963 March on Washington in which Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. gave his famous âI Have a Dreamâ speech? Do you remember any other events related to the civil rights movement in the 1960s? What was your opinion of the civil rights movement?

9. What was your opinion of the 1960s womenâs rights movement?

10. Did you attend the 1969 Woodstock Festival? If so, what was your experience? If not, what was your opinion of the festival and the 1960s youth counterculture?



Answer
Actually, I was born in 1943, so I don't know if I qualify for your Survey, but being older I may have a better grip on it. So i'll do it anyway.

1) Steve - 17yrs of age, In High School and worked Part time for my Uncle's Orthopedic Store

2) The Cold war brought about allot of fear of Communism and that Russia would cause a War with the United States. I felt sure that it would spread

3) The Cuban Missile Crises, holds special meaning to me because I was in the US Army at the time and put on Alert to go to Cuba if need be to fight Our bags were packed, trucks loaded and ready to depart to the air strip.I remember calling home and telling my Mom I may be going, It was scary for a young boy of 18,

4) President John F Kennedy's assassination is another very vivid memory for me, I had just moved off the Army base with my new Bride,In Clarksville Tennessee, the Delivery man was hauling in our TV set and said to us, The President was just shot, That really floored me, Again I was on alert and ordered back to base for briefing on what may happen next.
I for one Like President Kennedy, he was sharp, young and knew what the people wanted,

5) Lyndon B Johnson, to me was a shifty,not to be trusted President, I did not like his politics

6) Vietnam, was a sad time for america, we got dragged into a war that was not just, many of my friends lost there lives there. We fought not to win, but placate politicos,

7) We owned an Emerson TV, and before entering military service in 1962, we watched, The Ed Sullivan show, Ozzie and Harriet, Our Miss brooks, Disney Series, Wrestling, Steve Allan talk show,
American Bandstand. These shows were family oriented, had variety, non-violent, fun,

8) Martin Luthar King jr, was a non violent activist for Civil Rights, I recall racial tensions and one incident in Brooklyn where the National Guard had to be called to quell the rioting. I enjoyed the I have a dream speach and the March was a successful one, I do believe that King made great strides for civil rights for Blacks, I admire him and his works,
9)The 1960's were a turbulant time for many women, what with the burning of the Bra's and equal rights in the work place etc, it turned men on there ear, Women, going from passive to aggressive and standing up for themselves led to a rethinking by men as to a womans role in society.

10) Ah, The Festival at Wood Stock, What a wild drug crazed event,, NO I did not attend, thought about it briefly but realized the sheer folly to even attempt it,.To be honest, the free love aspect intriqued me some but not to a great extent, I was never into the Drug culture so was not in tune with the youth movement at the time, Did not really approve of what they were doing, then again I was Married and in my late 20's had 2 kids, a job, and settled

Hope I helped you with this,? if not , hey I enjoyed taking a trip down memory lane, Best of Luck

RE:what's a punk?




mischa m


i put this question up because people are getting confused. i am not calling myself a punk! yea i may look like it and dress like it and listen to the music but whats your definition for it ? don't give me one off a website cause i really don't know what it is people label me that at school and other names like goth thjat i don't care about but i am curious what a punk is...soo what is it?


Answer
Depends on who you ask or in what context it is used.

Noun 1. punk - an aggressive and violent young criminal
hood, hoodlum, strong-armer, thug, toughie, goon, tough
criminal, crook, felon, malefactor, outlaw - someone who has committed (or been legally convicted of) a crime
2. punk - substance that smolders when ignited; used to light fuses (especially fireworks)
igniter, ignitor, lighter - a substance used to ignite or kindle a fire
3. punk - material for starting a fire
kindling, spunk, tinder, touchwood
igniter, ignitor, lighter - a substance used to ignite or kindle a fire
4. punk - a teenager or young adult who is a performer (or enthusiast) of punk rock and a member of the punk youth subculture
punk rocker
punks - a youth subculture closely associated with punk rock music in the late 1970s; in part a reaction to the hippy subculture; dress was optional but intended to shock (plastic garbage bags or old school uniforms) and hair was dyed in bright colors (in Mohican haircuts or sometimes spiked in bright plumes)
adolescent, stripling, teenager - a juvenile between the onset of puberty and maturity
5. punk - rock music with deliberately offensive lyrics expressing anger and social alienation; in part a reaction against progressive rock
punk rock
rock 'n' roll, rock and roll, rock music, rock'n'roll, rock-and-roll, rock - a genre of popular music originating in the 1950s; a blend of Black rhythm-and-blues with White country-and-western; "rock is a generic term for the range of styles that evolved out of rock'n'roll."
Adj. 1. punk - of very poor quality
cheesy, chintzy, crummy, bum, tinny, sleazy, cheap
colloquialism - a colloquial expression; characteristic of spoken or written communication that seeks to imitate informal speech
inferior - of low or inferior quality


Hope that clears it up for you.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I need people who were born in the 1950s?
Rating: 95% based on 9768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment