Thursday, May 1, 2014

How do you prepare kids for school?




Nicnac


all ages. detailed answers please.


Answer
When my son started preschool, I let him go with me to pick out school stuff. He picked a few outfits, his new shoes, a backpack, and a lunch box. Letting him pick his school supplies gave him a sense of control and independence when it came to school. We read books about preschool and also visited on orientation day. At the same time, we didn't obsess over school - we simply talked about it occasionally over the first few weeks before school. I also started some back - to - school traditions. We have a special dinner the night before, and my son gets to pick the menu. The same goes with breakfast on the first day (as long as it's healthy - you don't want them sugar high on the first day!) and I packed him a special lunch. On the night before school, I packed his backpack with a few surprises for him to open after dinner. I put in a new pair of pajamas, a copy of Dr. Seuss' Oh, The Places You'll Go, and a little boys' digital watch so that he would know when Mommy was coming to pick him up. I have decided to keep doing such things every year.

Do kids need to bring anything with them to preschool?

Q. my child is starting preschool soon and I want to know if kids usually bring things with them. I am guessing they are too young to need a back pack, since it's not like they will have a lot of books or homework. Just curious.


Answer
Well, go ahead and get him a backpack anyway. It will help get him into the "school" mode, and help to make him feel like a big kid.

You can pack extra clothes, diapers or Pull-Ups (if he still uses them), a favorite item, etc; and the teachers can use it to send home notes, drawings, etc. You should also check to see if they require him to bring a blanket, any crayons or other accoutrement's, etc; but more than likely they have this already.

The very most importenest thing he can bring, and don't forget to tell him, is his curiosity and imagination. Welcome to your first step into a much bigger world, and good luck with school!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do you prepare kids for school?
Rating: 95% based on 9768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment