Sunday, August 4, 2013

Composting Question: How much stuff do i need in a compost container for composting to work?

great range bags for kids
 on Gift Ideas for 9-Year Old Girls  stephhicks68 on HubPages
great range bags for kids image



Yaowler


I'm going to do this compost stuff in a container. I need to know the minimum or a good range so i can find the correct-smallest container. Thnx


Answer
Let me recommend a book to you. The Rodale Encyclopedia of Organic Gardening has a fascinating chapter on compost. Riveting, really. I know I have a reputation for sarcasm here, but I kid you not. Compost is magical! Check out the book at your library and read that chapter this afternoon. You'll be composting by night. It doesn't matter how much or how little you have as long as you monitor it for health. I have taken to saving leaves from the fall in inexpensive black garbage bags, poking some holes and letting it sit all winter. I periodically check for warmth and smell. It doesn't work that well, but for almost no trouble at all, I have some great stuff to mix into my clay soil when my husband plants the veggies for the summer. Honestly, when it snows, I look to see that the snow melts off the bags and if it does, I know it's warm. I occasionally toss it around a little and that's it!

What kind of activities should I have at my daughters 1st Bday party?




smaceroni


The party is indoors and I dont know what kind of stuff or games for the kids to do. They will range from 1-3 yrs old. O thought about blow up balls or toys but I dont know. I need some suggestions.
What kinda toys shoud i have



Answer
It will be kinda difficult to have any structured games for those aged children....maybe you could do fingerpainting, coloring pictures, sidewalk chalk outside if its not to cold,

I think the pinata with the strings is a great idea...We just had my daughters party in June and did this and all the kids loved being a part of opening the pinata....it was fair they all got to do it...and there was no swinging of a bat around all those kids....

If you dont want to do candy you could do bouncy balls, squirt guns, play jewelry, action figures ect...they have party packs of things at the store that you can get creative with and get party bags and prior to the opening of the pinata give each kid a bag to put thier goodies in and that is thier party bag!! If you want some candies maybe do lollipops, M&M's plain of course, ect....things that are easy for kids...I would steer clear of things with peanuts or peanut butter due to allergies!

Have fun with it and dont stress!! if you can! lol!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Composting Question: How much stuff do i need in a compost container for composting to work?
Rating: 95% based on 9768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment