Monday, August 5, 2013

What age can a girl start wearing Mascara ?

school bags for girls age 7
 on New Boys 4 5 6 Mario Kart DS Long Slv Shirt Top Luigi | eBay
school bags for girls age 7 image



Gloria


I'm in 7th grade. I'm not allowed to wear ANY type of makeup until i'm 16. I'm only allowed to wear lipgloss. All the girls in my school actually wear beyond more makeup than just mascara and lipgloss. Literally, i'm the only one that's not allowed to wear makeup at my school. I just don't feel confident when I go to school. I wake up looking pale and with bags under my eyes. I look disgusting, but i'm not allowed to wear ANY type of makeup but lipgloss. So I pretty much have no choice but to go to school looking gross. All I wish I could wear is mascara. I don't really care much about eyeliner, eyeshadow, foundation, etc. Just mascara. Believe it or not, in the mornings when I secretly tried on mascara ( I had eye bags, like always ) , It actually makes me look more awake and makes it look like I don't even have eye bags. Which I know it sounds like I only am a gross looking pale girl with eye bags and long, black eyelashes. But I really do look more awake with just mascara and lipgloss. I think just Mascara is fine for my age. At least i'm keeping it real simple and natural looking, i'm not looking all cakey. Really what age do you guys think is fine for me to start wearing the natural look on me of just lipgloss and mascara? Please answer &&' Thanks!(:


Answer
There is no set age for wearing makeup, as long as you know how to use it. If you are mature enough to be reasonable and know how much and what type of makeup is appropriate for your age, then you should be fine. For example, a young girl of 13 can look great with a bit of lip gloss, but she would look dreadful if she showed up at school wearing eye shadow and mascara. It will only be flattering if it is age appropriate, and you wear the right look for the right place.

Simple spring bake sale ideas? Other simple fundraising ideas? *will pick a best answer*?

Q. TL;DR at the end.

In my school we're doing Pasta for Pennies, or pennies for pasta, I always mix up the name :/. Basically, it's raising money for leukemia and other cancer research. The homeroom to raise the most money gets a pasta party from Olive Garden. Yeah, I know it's not real Italian food, but whatever. The team that won last year had their teacher's fiancee donate $600 bucks and they had it in the bag. My homeroom never wins anything, and we all really want to help out these kids with cancer. I'm in seventh grade. Me and a small group of girls my age want to do a bake sale, and maybe some other small fundraisers. My homeroom is already in the lead by $7, but we really want to win this. So do you have any ideas about some small fundraisers we could do, or recipes for our bake sale? Drinks are okay, too. Also, it's still freezing here in Massachusetts, so no outdoor activities. And here's my fundraising motto: KISS! (Keep it simple, stupid.).

TL;DR: Bake sale recipies and simple indoor fundraising ideas that a few thirteen year old girls could pull off would be appreciated. Thanks so much. I'll choose a best answer, too.


Answer
There are some really great answers here already!

I like Dubious's suggestion of a raffle and if you can't get a prize you could consider using a 50/50 raffle where you split the money raised 50% to you and 50% to the winner!

Bake Sales are solid ways of fundraising but can be quite laborious for small reward. Make sure that you make products that are really popular in your area. Also sell easy refreshments at the sale like tea and coffee and look for other ways of increasing your funds raised at your bake sale, like offering Silicone Bracelets as well. If a prospect doesn't want a Cookie etc. they may be interested in your other offers.

The other important thing about your Bake Sale is the awareness you raise for it. Make sure you promote it beforehand and during the sale with signs/banners etc. Make sure it's in a high traffic and high visibility location, and have some of your class walking around telling people about your Bake Sale, what you are fundraising for, and how they can support!

Another fundraising option you could consider is a Crowdfunder (Online Donations). Setup a fundraising page on a Crowdfunding website and get friends, family, etc to donate small amounts to your fundraiser!

You could also do this offline...

Get together with your class and write out a list of all the people (mainly adults) that you know. Then you go to all those people explaining what you're fundraising for, "how you are fundraising", and ask them to donate a specific amount, say $5 or $10. Not a lot of money for an individual so they should be happy to give, but if your class comes up with a list of 100 people and they all donate $5... That's $500 raised! Pretty impressive. Keep a check list of those names and make sure you tick of all of them.

If you do do it online through a Crowdfunding site you can still do this offline and just add your offline donations to your online total!

Other than those ideas you could also use a...

*Car Wash Fundraiser
*Penny Wars
*Scratch Cards
*Spinners
*Discount Fundraising Cards
*Walk-a-Thon
*Bowl-a-Thon

Hope those ideas help. If you have any questions about some of those ideas feel free to ask!

Regards,
Rob




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What age can a girl start wearing Mascara ?
Rating: 95% based on 9768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment