Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Is a used notebook computer a good present?

school bags philippines
 on Rabbit templates for kids
school bags philippines image



Platipus


Have you ever given a used thing for a Chrstmas present?
It is in good working condition..
The only bad thing about it is -- not a brand new.

Thanks guys, I will consider your advices.



Answer
I am an American living in the Philippines I don't do Christmas but used to, and if I did now and someone gave me a used 12 string Guitar, It would be the 2nd best gift I ever received (the first being a 20cent bag of candy from my dad when we couldn't afford it)

I would think that if you know the person wants a lap top and can use the computer for school, fun, business then I would say go for it and just put a note with the Christmas card saying

"you deserve better but this is all I could do".

I have given used before and one of the best gifts I ever got was when I was 12 years old, my mom gave me a used guitar (my very first one).

If some one would snub a GOOD USE any thing, then they don't even deserve a NEW ONE.

is the Philipines effected by the chinese milk poison?




Mintee


I have several philipino products that have milk or milk products in them, I was wondering if their factories use or import some stuff from china to produce their canned goods with milk in it.. Are they pretty much safe?


Answer
I don't know if there's been reports in the Phils. that someone got sick drinking milk or eating products that possibly contains melamine tainted milk as ingredients. Alaska milk and other products produced in the Philippines are safe though.

Here's a part of this news about melamine tainted milk:

"09/24/2008 14:44

... Senator Pia Juliana Cayetano, the head of the health and demographics committee, says that there could still be problems because of "the unsafe practice of some retailers who repack powdered milk, which is then resold in small plastic bags to unsuspecting mothers who feed the milk to their children". Partly for this reason, the mayor of Manila, Alfredo Lim, has ordered inspections in stores that sell generic powdered milk.

All over Asia, from Japan to Thailand, there is great concern over cookies, ice cream, donuts, and any other product that might contain contaminated Chinese milk. Children are being taken to the hospital for examinations (in the photo). As a precaution, schools and stores are avoiding certain products: just a rumor is enough to prompt recalls, even of products from multinational companies, like M&Ms and Oreo cookies..."
_______________________________

Latest update about Filipino made milks:

"GMANews.TV - Tuesday, September 23

MANILA, Philippines - Alaska Milk Corp., makers of brand names under Alaska, Carnation, Alpine, Milkmaid and Liberty, on Tuesday assured the public that its products are safe from the toxic melamine substance."




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is a used notebook computer a good present?
Rating: 95% based on 9768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment