Monday, September 23, 2013

Does anyone have ideas for an alternative to a Party Favor bag?

fancy school bags for kids
 on Colourful Kids School Bags - Colourful Kids School Bags Exporter ...
fancy school bags for kids image
Q. My 5 yr old daughters bday is coming up. Party favor bags are fun, and deemed necessary for proper party ettiquete. However they are expensive, and basically filled with usless crap. I am wondering if there is an alternative? Perhaps something small and with more worth then candy or cheap crappy toys, that is fairly inexpensive that I can give out as a parting gift?
Thanks


Answer
I totally agree. I call those goody bags full of cheap plastic junk "bags of crap". We can all do without another bag 'o crap. Most of it I throw away anyway within a day of my kids bringing them home. I have done books as well; trickier with 5's as most of them aren't reading yet, but I've bought boxed sets from the Scholastic book orders the schools send home and given those books out; they end up being about $2 each. I will give a book with a fancy lollipop (hard to describe but it's on a 10" stick with a heart or flower shaped candy piece at the end. That way there's still the candy element but not so much that it's overkill. With 5's you need to assume a parent will read the book; go with something with mass appeal like Strawberry Shortcake. Maybe if you go the book route you can consider those paint with water books.

I've also given out seasonally appropriate t-shirts; one of my daughter's birthday is in May and I have given out patriotic tshirts (in stores for Memorial Day, continue wearing all summer/4th of July.) These shirts are easy to find at Target for $5; a little less at Kohls if you use a coupon. Again I package with a lolipop. I have seen them on kids all summer. Other friends who feel the same way have given out hula hoops, those skip-it things (like a jumprope that attaches to your ankle and has a ball at the end), and a stuffed fairy. There are a lot of perfectly cute toys out there in the $5 range; too cheap to give as a gift but perfect as a "party favor" which is what you are giving instead of a bag of crap.

Five year olds might not "get it" right away as to why they aren't getting a plastic bag filled with yo-yos that don't work, teeny paper pads they don't use, etc. but it's fine to explain you are giving "one nice thing" instead of a bunch of "little stuff your mom just throws out".

What do I need to know about going to private school?




tigurrr14


I mean like how to wear the uniforms, what people do to show off (public school its like clothes, purses, hair, ect.), what the teachers are like, ect. Also its a Catholic school.


Answer
Well I've been at a private school all my life so I can probably help you out.

Uniforms:
-If you have to wear a polo shirt, only button one button unless your wearing a different color tank underneath, in which case, don't button any buttons
-HEM YOUR QUILT/SKIRT!! If you don't you will be a loser for life

Showing Off:
-Usually they just wear their hair in a ponytail with a ribbon or straight and long, nothing too fancy
-Since they are in uniform, so all out with the labels on free-dress days (:
-Most don't carry purses, but the tote bags are usually designer

Teachers:
-The teachers are more dedicated and more strict at private schools
-DONT slack off in class! The class sizes are small and unless you have my Latin teacher (very doubtful), than you can't get away with it
-Most kids suck up to teachers by getting good grades and acting interested in their class


Good Luck (:
-Catherine




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Does anyone have ideas for an alternative to a Party Favor bag?
Rating: 95% based on 9768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment