Monday, September 23, 2013

Where are the most secluded trails in the Rocky mountains for a once in a lifetime backpacking trip?

best kids camping backpack
 on Email me Add to Friends Flag Profile
best kids camping backpack image



Ineed2know


I have visited many areas throughout the Rocky mountain range and have my own personal favorites. However, I would really like input from a variety of sources to help plan a very special trip for my father. He has always wanted to experience "The West", but after 55 years he has still never made it to the majestic Rocky Mountains. My goal is to take him on one of the most memorable backpacking trips of his life. I would love any ideas that I could get.


Answer
You need to come to my state and go to the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness. There are many trails and all are from easy to very hard. Great camping and you can catch your dinner every night with a telescoping fishing pole and a brass mepps spinner. My kids are 14 and 11 and I have taken them on a backpacking trip to this and other areas of my state and we just love it. You may also want to try the Seven Devils area. This trail overlooks Hells Canyon the deepest canyon in the United States. By far thought the Frank Church Wildernesas is the best. If you need more help you can e mail me at steelhead fifty three zero eight at yahoo dot com. Good luck Jeff From Idaho

Does anyone know a good place to backpack with kids near Los Angeles?




rafcam


Looking for an overnight hike with my 7 year old. Prefer a hike with a camping area withing 2 miles of the trail head. Some attraction at the campsite would be great -- a stream, lake, interesting rock formations, etc. Thanks.


Answer
I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for in Angeles National Forest. http://www.totalescape.com/active/campstuff/NF/angeles.html#lake
The Sheep Mountain Wilderness in that area is popular:
http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/angeles/recreation/wild-sheepmountain.shtml
Here's a link to some trail descriptions (distance round trip): http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/angeles/recreation/hike-trails.shtml




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Where are the most secluded trails in the Rocky mountains for a once in a lifetime backpacking trip?
Rating: 95% based on 9768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment