Sunday, December 8, 2013

How much would it cost to go to a therapist?

popular kids backpacks for school
 on Send Little Powerpuff Girls Bag Back to School for Kids to Hyderabad
popular kids backpacks for school image



blondechic


I currently have no health insurance. My mom is on limited income and only makes around $800 a month and by the time we pay bills, we only have about $50-100 left over.

When I was about 13, I was sexually harassed by my best friendâs brother. It started out as he would make moaning noises while I was in the hallway, but then progressed. One day, when I was walking out of middle school, he went and grabbed for my butt. But because I am comfortable with lose backpacks, he missed and broke my backpack. One situation has caused me a lot of pain and still is, even at the age of 24. I was over at my friendâs house. Her dad was gone and it was just me, her, and her brother. She left to go to the bathroom. When she was gone, he jumped on top of me and tried to pin me down. Luckily, I was already on edge being around him, so as soon as he inched near me, I kicked him in the stomach, which caused him to fall and hit his head on a chair.

Ever since that incident, I cannot be alone with a guy. I start hyper venting and get a panic attack and I start crying. I have always been quiet, but ever since then, I would not talk to anyone. If people said hi to me, I would say hi and that was it. In high school, I made no friends. And still have none. Iâm a college student but because Iâm scared of certain environments, I take online classes.

I have big dreams of moving to California and hopefully starting over, once I graduate college. But I know I have serious issues. I feel like such a freak and a total loser. Because of what happened to me, at the age of 24, I have never had a boyfriend, sex, or my first kiss. I have also gained A LOT of weight. Before this happened, I was very active and happy. I would constantly be outside having fun, playing basketball, tennis, croquet, bad mitten, or just anything active like biking or even running. I weighed around 100-110 pounds. But now, all I do is stay home, eat, and watch TV. I currently weight 240 pounds.

I feel like such a failure. I never leave the house because I donât like social environments, plus Iâm ashamed of the way I look. Iâm fat and ugly. I think the last time I left my house was a week ago.

I had a job a few years ago at a grocery store. Soon, I had an employee, who was also a man, start making comments to me. Iâm a natural blonde. So he always told me how stupid I was. He would make comments like how did I even get in college since I was stupid. When I would make a simple mistake he would tell me what a dumb blonde I was. Before he came on to the job, I was really happy. I was breaking out of my shell and even made friends at my job. I loved working and the customers loved me (at least thatâs what they told me. They told me I was the nicest and their favorite cashier at the store). I would never miss a day of work. But when he came on, I hated work and prayed that I would get sick from someone so that I could miss. I would literally cry because I had to go to work. Eventually, someone overheard this guy make reference how I was dumb and they reported him. But after that, they would make me work with him every single day. I eventually quit a few months after that, giving them an excuse about school.

But ever since then, itâs been so hard to find that happiness I felt. Iâm 24 years old. I have a dog that I treat like a princess. I always imagined that I would have been married with kids by the age of 25. I have always been mature and just want someone to love me like I would love them. I know Iâm not the prettiest, but I am a good person. I remember one time I had a friend (I met him through someone else) and he told me that if I would just break out of my shell and talk to people, I would be so popular because Iâm funny, nice, and great to be around. I wish I could be that person.

I had health insurance up until I reached 18. So I have been without any for 6 years. During this time, I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety, as well as suffering from panic attacks at times. I took a mental illness class last semester and I honestly believe I could suffer from PTSD as well since I cannot be alone in the same room with a guy. As long as thereâs a female in the room, Iâm fine.

I know I need help. I live in a small town with no free insurance or anything like that. I have registered for a low income health insurance from Indiana called HIP, but they denied me because they are already at capacity.

So Iâm wondering how much it would cost to go see a therapist.



Answer
Try your county mental health services. They have clinics that operate on a sliding scale based on ability to pay. These clinics have therapists and psychiatrists available, and often have pharmacies where patients can obtain medication for a nominal fee.
Look in the yellow pages/phone book in the blue pages/government section under County. Look under Health Department or Mental Health. If you can't find it, look online. Google your county and state name and Mental health (or health department) If you still can't find it, call your local library and ask the reference librarian to help you find mental health services in your area. Reference librarians are very resourceful and should be able to come up with the information quickly. All the best to you.

Can a high school student be penalized for possession of acetaminophen (Tylenol) as drug possession?




Ryan S


I am going into my freshman year of high school on Wednesday. I suffer from minor but frequent headaches around midday, this happens about once in two weeks. Since nurses are forbidden from giving any medicine before 11:00 AM, i started having a small bottle of regular strength Tylenol ( it was Wal-mart brand, not authentic Tylenol) in my locker. I did this last year in the last two weeks of school figuring that i could take one in between classes if a headache started to develop.

However, as the school year came to a close and we emptied out our lockers, a classmate saw me taking the bottle out of my locker and putting it in my pocket. She warned me to stop taking it in school because if a school official discovered it, I could be penalized for drug posession.

I took her advice and plan to not bring it this year, but is it true that I could have been busted if a teacher found it?



Answer
Being a female, my mom practically forces me to bring Tylenol to school in case of cramps and other symptoms that go along with my time of the month. Well, one day my friend had a bad headache so I offered her a pill.

I didn't conceal it well so a kid saw me. Now, I was far from popular in those days. I had many friends, but they were the kind that wore a lot of dark make-up, chains, black fishnet types... you get the picture. So this girl who didn't exactly like me went and told a teacher.

So they come in my classroom and drag me out with my backpack and purse and search through all of my things. They find my Tylenol, my cellphone, and my CD player.

They yell at me and tell me that Tylenol is prohibited, that I'm not allowed to have cellphones on school property, but I understood the CD player.

They notified my mother, who got extremely angry with the school system. See, it is a male principle and she told him that I get bad cramps and she works out of town (I lived alone with her) so she can't come and pick me up during the day and bring me medicine. On that same note, she works out of town so that's why she makes me carry my cell to school--in case I'm locked out of the house. She didn't get home until sevenish or later and I get out of school at three.

We have no relatives that live near us.

But I digress.

I still wound up getting in-school suspension, but that's it. But yes, you can get in trouble if you have any type of Tylenol type medicine on you.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How much would it cost to go to a therapist?
Rating: 95% based on 9768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment