Thursday, January 30, 2014

Why can't I sell stuff at school?




little_emp


I asked my cosmotology teacher if for the hair show we're holding, I could sell crafts that I make (like makeup bags, etc.) -- and she said she'd ask the principal but probably not because the income would be going to me.

I know the issue isn't with LAW, because the school can sell cupcakes, food, clothes, flowers, and whatever they want, and they have. The issue with school is that they're almost like a RUNNING ENTERPRISE. They don't want anything sold unless the income is going to the SCHOOL, or if it is for a charity. All they care about is getting as much money as they can (we even opened up a school store yesterday).

I thought school was a place for us to LEARN, and GROW, and develop SKILLS. I obviously can't go buy a store, and sell things, or even go online and sell things. I wanted to use this opportunity to SHOW people what I have to sell, and learn some business skills because it'd be easier to learn in school because it's a closed environment, and it's an easy way to gain experience and to get the word out. I mean in school we can sell pizza, or raffles, and whatnot because all the income is school gained (us students just do all the work for free). It isn't that selling isn't allowed, it's just they want the income to themselves.

I don't know.. I'm not asking for much. I just asked if I could have a small DESK to just have my things on display for things to buy. I doubt I need a permit -- the school sure as hell doesn't bother to get permits on bake sales, or random cupcake sales they have.



Answer
This happened at my school, at my school you get into loads of trouble if you are caught 'selling'
at my school; first; people were selling just odd chocolate bars, 50p a chocolate bar.. but then people realised big money could be brought in and I know a boy who makes around £50 ($81) a week from selling chocolate, the school see this as 'scamming' kids out of money, and instead of buying healthy food and giving money to the school they are buying chocolate and fizzy drinks from kids that have got it from a discount shop for about 10p (16cents) from that people found new idea's since so many people were selling chocolate and it moved onto cigarettes and people were stealing cigarettes from people; I actually saw a boy take £20 ($32) worth of cigarettes out of someones bag without hesitation and I asked him how much he sold them for and he sold them for £30 ($48) and people are buying ONE cigarettes for £3 ($5) which is shocking, but that's how much kids are charging.

I know yours is a different kind of thing but that was an example; but for my school, it a health and safety issue; people buying chocolate from discount shops and cigarettes which they have no idea where they have came from, but like you said; if the money isn't going to the school then they want nothing to do with it.

Back to school shopping list?




Nora Lane


Here's what I already have:
12 bras
9 sports bras
12 solid color cardigans
6 print cardigans
10 vneck tees
10 graphic tees
18 shirts
3 polos
17 plain tank tops/ cami
27 nice tank tops( blouse/ lace)
7 button ups classic shirts
10 pairs of shorts( I can only wear 5 of them to school, the rest are too short)
13 pairs of jeans( I don't like 2 pairs, so I'll only wear 11 pairs)
17 flowy skirts
4 pencil/ mini tight skirts
5 dresses
16 scarfs
7 belts
23 necklaces
5 rings
12 bracelets
11 purse/bags
3 backpacks
4 pairs of sandals
6 pairs of flip flops
2 pairs of tennis shoes
4 pairs of Keds/vans
2 pairs of sperries
4 pairs of heels
1 pair of uggs
2 pairs of seude boots
4 pea coots
3 light jackets
4 winter coats
6 ski jackets
6 pairs of sweatpants
4 yoga pants
8 pairs of running shorts
2 pairs of spandex
11 pairs of soffee's
17 hoodie jackets
47 thongs
19 v strings
8 cheekies/tangas
39 boy briefs and bikini underwear
8 boy shorts

What I just bought(I ordered it online yesterday so I don't have it yet):
3 solid print cardigans(the ones from hollister with flowers at the neckline )
1 print cartigan
8 tank tops(blouse/nicer prints and lace)
1 polo
1 vneck
3 pairs of jeans
3 pair of sweatpants
2 pairs of sweatshirts
1 pair of yoga pants
2 cami s
1 scarf
1 belt
7 thongs( first time I bought undies from gilly hicks! So excited!)
1 pair of cheekies( also from gilly's!)

What I still need:
What I see and like(:
Body by Victoria thongs
More v necks
More cardigans with prints or flowers or bows at the neckline
Tank tops with flowers at the neckline
Vera bradely lunch box
Backpack
Winter jacket
Uggs
Leather knee high boots
Indian fringe knee high boots
More suede boots( I have grey and brown, I want purple, tan, sand, blue, black, and green)
More bags
3/4 sleeve slouchy shirts
Crop top slouchy shirts
Another 3/4 sleeve tight stripe shirt from hollister
Hmm, I think that's it. My iPad won't let me read the whole thing so I might have missed something
Did I forget anything? Or have to much of something? And more suggestions for what I should get, return, give away or take of the list? Please let me know! Thanks(:
Btw, I'm 14 and am going to be a freshman at high school.
Oh! And I already have 5 vera bradely lunch boxes cause I get a new one every year and for Christmas.
And I have 2 messenger bags
I might be a little spoiled, but I have two other sisters that share my clothes, they don't have as much as me, but they hate shopping. So my mom buys me all these clothes to share.
Abby, I agree I have too many thongs, but I don't like to wear old ones.and I have so many clothes because I DONT repeat outfits within two months! Lol(: and my sisters borrow my clothes!



Answer
Honey, you are 14. You do not need 66 thongs/v strings. *reading further down the list* And you want more of them? No. Why on earth would a high school freshman need so many thongs?
If you already have 5 lunchboxes, and 2 messengers, why do you need more bags?
And you don't need any more clothes. Like, for life. What you bought yesterday is about as much stuff as I buy in total through the year, and I'm your age. Give stuff away. For instance, keep one lunchbox and say bye-bye to the rest, and do you really need 17 skirts? It seems like you have enough clothing to wear each item only once every two months.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Why can't I sell stuff at school?
Rating: 95% based on 9768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

1 comment:

  1. WE'RE RECRUITING NEW LIVE CAM MODELS!
    RECEIVE UP TO $10,000 EVERY WEEK.
    JOIN AS A BONGA MODELS CAM MODEL TODAY!

    ReplyDelete