Monday, April 7, 2014

is my school is getting crazy???

Q. i go to a college prepatory school where we are focced to carry around laptops. I am a freshman.

i love my classes and teachers but the freshman are forced to have their 80 min. study period in the library. No big it is fine, air contioned, big, etc.

well some freshies would im and talk on cell ohones while in study (not me) so now we must sit in the center of the library with the librarian over our shoulders watching our every move while the upper classman get to have study in the caf where they can eat and stay far away from a teacher.

they take our cell phones ipods etc. before we sit down. i think that they are gonna start checking our bags

we cant talk, go to the bathroom or anything.

i get all my homework done the night before and have study 1st period. so i would come on here or work on my webpage. well now i have to do school work even if i have none. WTF????

is it just me or are they being retarded???
we HAVE to sit in groups but can not talk. we are not allowed to sit in the cubicle things unless we are a sophmore or up.

they are over our shoulders for 80 min. it is crazy!!!!!!!!!!!

if we talk or do something other than work, we get a detention and loose computer privleges.

we cant even emil our hw to our teachers (that is how we hand it in) because they think we are emiling friends!!! so i f we do we loose privelges!

how rediculous!!!
I cant quit!! my mom thinks that it was a miricle we got the money to send me there and my dad paid the tuition already.

i cant quit this school looks great on college applictions and i NEED to go here for so many reasons. i could quit but it would be throwing away 13,000 $ and my future!!
i get all A's dumba$$!!! it looks like this because i am trying to hurry before the librearian sees me on here. ever hear of typos dumbsh!t
what the hell is wrong with you people i am on my laptop which i am still adjusting to!!!! i make a lot of typos because the keyboard is different!!!!


and my parents MAKE ME DO MY hw the night before NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!!!

they dont care. they are spending 13,000 just for me to go to the school they are not gonna let me joke off at home!!!


and it is a college prapatory schoo not a private high school!!!! it is an ACADEMY!! that means that for every person accepted there are 2 rejected. i got the satistics the other day!!!! this school is the cream of the crop in connecticut!!!! we are the smartest! even the choate rosmary hall students are not as smart!!! we acctually look before we cross the street!!! unlike the choaties. plus choate accepts you if you are rich not if you are smart!!!!!!!

GOD people get it through your head
we are a laptop based school. our school has more than 1/2 our books online and we do everything on computers. that is why we e mail it. so it is timed when you finished it


Answer
I like you so I'll let you in on a secret all adults know and hide from kids.

When we don't know what to do, we "crack down on the rules" so it looks like we're doing something.

I'd bet some parent visited one day, saw a kid on a cell phone, and called someone in admin and said "What am I paying 40 grand a year for, you let kids talk on the phone all day."

You or I would have said "No we don't, you're being stupid Mr. Johnson. Look at the rate of admission our students get to top colleges. Think they get into Harvard for their text messaging skills?"

But this stupid administrator said "Let's crack down!!" So they're acting like Deloris Umbridge on crack.

Give it a few weeks, when Mr. Johnson stops calling the board of directors to ask why his particular moron kid still can't get into Yale, things will relax.

You're tough, you can outlast this crackdown. :-)

High school questions?




Remi


I'm a girl starting high school this fall.
1. What should I bring the first day of school?
2.What should I use as a book bag?
3.Ideas for clothes/make-up/hair for the first week?
(I'm 5'7 and 120 pounds with brown hair about a foot longer than my shoulders. I'm pale with blue eyes)
4.Should I take Journalism or Yearbook as my elective?
5.Any other tips about high school?
Thanks so much for answering! I appreciate it!



Answer
First off congratulations on making it to high school! Its definately a fun experience :)

1. Just basics, whatever you did last year you should bring the same this year. High schools don't give you a supply list cause your old enough to figure it out by now. During orientation you should meet all your teachers and introduce yourself and ask if there's anything inpiticular you should bring. Otherwise: pencils, big binder & a few small ones, or a lot of small ones if you prefer one for each class, markers, colored pencils, glue, scissors, graph paper, college rulled notebook, ti-89 calculator(yes there like $100+ but you will need it all high school) if you can't afford it you can rent one for like $30 for both semesters. And a whole lot of paper college rulled.

2. A book bag? Lol any one is fine, just don't make it a girly princess one or Disney backpack your in high school now and that's really not cool. Also NO WHEELY BACKPACKS! Big no-no in high school. Last thing the crowded hall needs is some girl taking up space dragging her backpack behind her. Regular backpack, preferably one that can hold a lot of books! You find yourself unable to make it to your locker sometimes and have to carry a lot!

3. Can't help you much since I'm a guy but from a dudes perspective I would go for a summer look. It's not really cold yet when school starts so do whatever make-up your comfortable with and try to look your best since girls like to dress up on special occasions and somehow first day of school applies as one. Probably nothing to "revealing" don't want to get dress coded on your first day hehe. Whatever you think looks good on you and be yourself.

4. I would shoot for journalism, I don't think freshmen should be In yearbook, but that's just me. Yearbook in my highschool requires you to know the school pretty well and find students/aquwardly ask them "can I see *insert name* for yearbook" as you peek in the door of a class in session. Also you should get to know the students before so you can know yourself why they are being asked stuff for yearbook. I say wait and take it junior or senior year. Also journalism is a good lower class elective! I took it and it was fun.

5. ^^ as you can tell by how much I type, I could rant for hours about high school. But the main thing is high school is probably one of the best experiences of your life. Believe me I miss it and I'm not even out of it (I'm a senior). There will be drama I can guarantee it, you see things you may never have before, It hit me how it's such a bigger transition throughout highschool when I saw kids making-out after school and then driving themselves home. But it really is whatever you make of it. If you have one bad experience and think its terrible then it will be but if you have a open mind then it can be loads of fun! This really is the starting point where you figure out who you are and who are your real friends.

My number 1 tip: Enjoy it! It goes by fast and you will miss it! Especially when you have to start spending your birthday and Christmas money on college and a car, also start working :/ Sux. Oh and when you become a sophomore don't say "oh freshmen suck" cause its more annoying then freshmen alone lol. Make sure you know who's above you on the high school scale.

Have fun! ;)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: is my school is getting crazy???
Rating: 95% based on 9768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment