Friday, August 30, 2013

How can I make my school uniform look indie/vintage?

school bags london
 on back to school makeup tutorial drugstore edition back to school makeup ...
school bags london image



Ghibli Dor


Hello!
So I go to a secondary school in London, and I'm 15. My school uniform consists of a grey skirt, black tights/socks, black shoes, white shirt, black jumper, black blazer and a purple tie.

I already have black brogues, wear one ring (which is from India) every day and have two lobe piercings on each ear. I have long, brown, curly hair, and my everyday makeup is winged eyeliner and nothing else.

My school have just told me to get rid of my bag as it is not black. I prefer backpacks as I have to walk to and from school everyday and they are more comfy. If you have any links to vintage-looking relatively cheap black backpacks, I will be extremely grateful :)

So basically what I'm asking is how can I look more indie/vintage with a school uniform? Like ideas for different accessories and how to have my hair and whatnot. I'm not saying I will completely follow everything you suggest because I'm not that kind of person, I'm just looking for ideas. Any links to pictures/items for inspiration would be much appreciated.
Thank you for your time :)
I'm not asking this because I'm a wannabe indie kid or something and I want to fit into a crowd, I would just like to have a bit of an individual style, as everyone is forced to pretty much look the same at my school, haha.



Answer
Hi!!!
Well, for inspiration i will put a link to Blair from gossip girl here>>>> http://www.collegefashion.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/blair-waldorf-tailored.jpg


Anyway, if you want a vintage look, buy a long dangling locket/clock necklace. If the eiffel tower is on it, bonus points. Also, the eyeliner is a great start! If you're bold, (and have felxible parents) do a bright red lip. Try NYC in Retro Red, I know you can get it in the states at any drugstore (cvs rite aid walgreens etc). Not sure about london. its 99 cents tho. If your parents are not for it, try the Burts Bees Lip Shimmer in Cherry. It is red, but more sheer to give the illusion of a redder lip but still appear natural.


Also, try the classic vintage RED COAT. Here's a pic... https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=915J2D0wOuq4XM&tbnid=JyAigxnF_ojj7M:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thebudgetbabe.com%2Farchives%2F401-Beat-the-Cold-War-in-a-Red-Coat.html&ei=qKtcUa3tLfLK4APAzoDACg&bvm=bv.44697112,d.dmg&psig=AFQjCNEltZimLzmxkgdc4Mqzagmzhg9EBA&ust=1365114137082272


Backpacks!!!! Try these from jansport, some are a stretch as far as 'black'

http://www.jansport.com/js_product_detail.php?cid=2001&pid=TDN7E

Look at the different colors

Does anyone have any cute oufit ideas for high school?




KaiKai


I am a sophmore in high school and I really need some outfit and shoe ideas for school. I don't like clothes that are really preppy, maybe an outfit that would go great with converse. Also, my school dresscode won't allow jeans that are torn or have holes in them, and all shirts must cover my shoulders.


Answer
Hello from London!

I would go with a pair of cute skinnies in any colour other than black/blue. Maybe a beige or a sky blue material,pale pink or burgundy if your feeling daring with a floaty white/cream cotton boho gypsy top...square or scoop neck with floaty shortish sleeves. Leave hair down and natural with a soft plete in a sort of "hairband" style from ear to ear but mess it up. Never to done remember! Finish of with cute vintage satchel or drawstring bag!

Hope this helps! Jamie X

www.jamie-style.com




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How can I make my school uniform look indie/vintage?
Rating: 95% based on 9768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment