Thursday, December 19, 2013

Do I need to go overseas for a USA med school interview?

school bags singapore
 on ... Accessories  Lunch Bags  Tyrrell Katz Dinosaur School Lunch Bag
school bags singapore image



H.Quek


Hi! I'm from Singapore, and I'm wondering if I can use AMCAS to apply for admission to a medical school in the USA.
If I get called up for an interview by one of the med schools I applied for, would I need to pack my bag and go overseas, even if I would stand a chance of being rejected?

Thanks in advance!



Answer
Schools that require an interview will often have either foreign offices or be willing to set you up with a local alumnus that you could interview with instead of traveling to the school for an interview. If you do have to travel to the school, ask them about travel arrangements, there's always a chance they can help make the travel burden easier on you through money or providing lodging or something else. So if you're in this situation, ask them what options they might provide other than traveling to the school for the interview.

What home school curriculums do you use and why?




c r


I'd like to know how your children feel about the curriculum that you have chosen.


Answer
We use a variety of materials, which I discuss with my daughter when I am choosing them. We look at samples, talk about what she'd like to learn and then give the material a try.
For math - we used a combo of singapore math and EPGY thru 7th grade pre-algebra. We are now exploring various areas of problem solving before moving on to the algebra sequence. She is working in Challenge Math, listening to The Joy of Thinking, and working on AMC 8 practice exams.
For LA- she is finishing her course from K12. Next year we will do LA from a variety of sources she has helped pick out.
History - we finished K12 history course and are now doing unit studies from a magazine called Learning Through History.
Science - Singapore science which we do with another family, plus activities from an ocean science book.
music - K12 Exploring music and piano lessons
Art- homeschool co-op
Miscellaneous- English from the Roots Up, word roots, starting Minimus Latin, and Rosetta Stone Spanish. Also exploring any topics that come up that interest us.

When we get something that is just not working, we reassess what we are using. Sometimes, if is just not great but working alright we'll stick out the grade level and then move on to something new the next time. If it really sucks, we bag it right away, sell it if possible, and get something new. I'd rather put together something myself from library books, then make her finish something that is sucking all enjoyment out of the experience.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Do I need to go overseas for a USA med school interview?
Rating: 95% based on 9768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment