Tuesday, December 17, 2013

How to be a classroom mom while still having an infant at home? How do I go about volunteering, any suggestion?

best child backpack carrier
 on Backpack Baby Carrier Rocky Brevi garnet, Baby carriers and Backpacks
best child backpack carrier image



the shinin


I love to participate in my child's school, and her teacher wants me (and I also want) to be room mom, but I explained how I am "limited" on what I can do since I have an 8 month old as well to take care of, (I breastfeed to, so having him on a schedule isn't an option). My child's also in 1st grade..Any suggestions to be really involved? thanks!


Answer
Bring your baby along in a sling.

My breastfed babies have been so portable! When they're that young, they're not yet into things. I have taken them everywhere with me at that age, either in my sling or in my Ergo backpack carrier. When they fussed, I simply nursed them.

There's no need to pub your baby on a schedule. You are wise to realize this. (Can an 8-month-old tell time? No. They need what they need when they need it.) There's also no need to express milk and leave the baby.

I'm a bit of a germ freak. Someone mentioned not taking your baby at all because of germs, but there are things you can do. Hold your baby in your arms or a carrier. Set a ground rule about children not touching your baby's hands or mouth, and you're all set. Besides, if there's something out there, your older child is bringing it home from school anyway. And what a bonus that your milk is protecting your baby with your immunities!

How old is too old for a child to ride in a exercise stroller?




Angel


My son is eight and he is with me almost always. I need to exercise walk but he cannot go as far as I need to go or as fast. Is he too big to ride in a exercise stroller part of the way on our walks?
It would hurt my back to carry him. I am a 42 year old woman who is not strong enough to carry him on my back.



Answer
I'd say 8 is too old. My daughter will be two this summer and I have no problem having her and my almost 4 year old son in a double jog stroller when I run more than 2 miles. I just ran a half marathon and so I understand the lack of babysitters and the need for long training runs, however at 8 your son should be getting exercise of his own. My son is 3 and I have him ride his trike along while I run. If he's not used to doing it, it'll be a lot harder at first than if he's always gone with you. But 8 is an age when you can reason with him and say, "Mommy needs to get healthy in order to... I want you to be healthy with me."

Our family are big hikers: We follow the "a mile for every year starting at 2" rule: we believe it's reasonable to expect our kids to join us on hikes and that's part of our fun together. Last summer, my son climbed Sentinal Dome in Yosemite with us (daughter in a backpack carrier) and this summer we hope to do another similar hike. When hiking with kids, just remember to keep the terrain in mind - it shouldn't be someplace they could easily fall or where there's a lot of poison oak. Plan 2/3 of their max distance because kids never hike in a straight line - for example, a 3 mile loop for my son might be too much because of all the deer trails he explores along the way and all the running up to look at something ahead and running back to me it would be more like 4 or 5 miles for him. It does take longer to hike with kids, but you have great bonding time to talk and get to really explore the world around you. Make it about the journey, not the destination, my daughter loves to collect pinecones and my son loves to make tracks with sticks in the dirt. Geocaching also allows for discoveries along the way to make it more fun for them.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How to be a classroom mom while still having an infant at home? How do I go about volunteering, any suggestion?
Rating: 95% based on 9768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment