Friday, December 20, 2013

Do you consider yourself to be a creative writer?

best kids school backpacks 2012
 on Backpacks: New Angry Birds kids school backpack - School Bag for Boys ...
best kids school backpacks 2012 image
Q. give my avatar a past, present and future......
what does it mean to be willowy exactly?


Answer
OK here goes - don't get mad now. You did ask for it.

Past - Totally pink bedroom. 250 stuffed animals on the bed. Each one had an adorable name and you made your father kiss each one of them good night every night (after reading Cinderella five times!) so you could avoid going to sleep. A precocious child, you used to wear your favorite Disney Princess costumes to pre school. Carried a Barbie lunchbox to first grade and by third grade graduated to Bratz. HUGE Full House fan. Wanted to be just like DJ when you grew up. Knew all the words to the score of Pocahontas. Sang Colors of the Wind at your Elementary School Graduation. Your mother cried.

Present - Redecorated your bedroom - now 60's retro with shag carpeting and the essential lava lamp and bead curtain on the door. Threw hissies every night for a month until you got your own phone and computer hookup in your bedroom. And then you talked the folks into the cell phone - properly bling covered just like Paris's. Middle school Princess O Prep. Never go anywhere without at least one Lisi Harrison book in your backpack. Know all the disses by heart and use them liberally to the amusement of your own clique. Madly in love with this kid in your Social Studies class who looks just like Zac Efron. He is like so hot! Favorite stores- The Gap and Old Navy. Your mother named you Claire after the Molly Ringwald character in The Breakfast Club - her absolute favorite movie ever. Thinking about getting a tongue piercing. They look so cool. Spent the summer on this boring vacation with your parents in Disneyworld listening to your two younger sibs fight. When you come home, you are heartbroken to learn that the guy in your Social Studies class has moved to California with his parents. Your grades suffer severely due to the depression.

Future - After college, you move to New York and pursue a career in the fashion industry - landing your dream job as Calvin Klein's personal assistant. What the job entails is going to Starbucks twice a day to get Calvin a double mocha latte - skim milk with a sprinkle of cinnamon and a blueberry muffin. He only eats the tops. You feed the bottoms to the pigeons in Central Park on your way home to your fabulous studio apartment after work. You become his muse and his 2012 collection is called The Claire Look. Pretty in Pink. At Fashion Week, you happen to run into the real Zac Efron who is now working as a house painter in upstate NY (all former child stars end up as house painters). You fall madly in love and move to a little town just outside Buffalo. Your first winter there, it snows 17 feet and you lose Zac when he slips off a ladder while clearing snow off the roof and dies in the resulting avalanche. Luckily he is insured. You buy a brand new Ford Edge (Blazing Copper - just like Derek Jeter's) and move to Florida where you get a job playing Sleeping Beauty at Disneyworld. You end up married to the guy named Howard Astaire who plays Captain Hook. Your name is now Claire Astaire and you have two kids - twin boys you name Chip and Dale.

That should about cover it. Enjoy your new life. Pax - C

Will I get in Appalachian State University?




sarah


Sorry if this may be kind of long but anyway. So I started high school at the local public high school. I got all As my freshman year, did varsity cross country, varsity track and varsity soccer. Sophomore year I got all As with two B's. One B in math and one B in Spanish. I did Varsity cross country, varsity track, varsity soccer and travel soccer outside of school. I was also inducted into the beat club. For my junior year my parents felt the public high school was too easy and wasn't challenging me enough. So for my junior year I'm attending the local private prep school. My parents had me tested half way through this year (my junior year) and found out I have dyslexia and dyscalculus (meaning my mind can't do math high then algebra 1). Which it wasn't a big shocker or anything, we kind of figured. My junior year has been kind of a struggle. With trying to do Allegra 2, chemistry with all the math in it, being the new kid again, and going to a very difficult prep school where most of the kids IQs are 150. The school year isn't over yet but so far i have one high A in photography, and all very low Bs in everything else. Meaning it's about an 80 or 79.7 in the rest of my classes. I'm currently doing online math so i can go at my own pace and i have a tutor for chemistry that I see at least three times a week. But it's still a struggle to understand things. I've only taken the SAT once and I didn't really study much and I got a 1310. I took the ACT recently but I haven't gotten my scores back yet. I did travel soccer outside of school this year, I'm on the school sailing team, I'm on the varsity soccer team and co-captain, and I plan to do cross country my senior year along with varsity soccer. This year has just been very difficult for me and my school obviously is a lot harder then most other schools. But I went to a private catholic school my whole life before i started high school. I also do a summer camp that's not like most camps. It's called adventure treks and it's a outdoor leadership camp for teens my age. Where we go backpacking, raft, rock climb, kayak, climb mountains while learning skills and leadership skills. I really want to go to App state. I visited and I feel like it'd fit me great. Do you think I have a chance of getting in?

Notes: I live out of state in Georgia
I'm currently a junior in high school
Female
White



Answer
Maybe, maybe not. My nephew was in kind of the same situation, he didn't get in at first and he went to community college and then got in for his junior year - he's there now. Transfer is more flexible on grades.

You should know that any change of school like that, right in the middle of your time in high school can be quite jarring, and it's usually not a wise idea to do that because grades suffer. It's hard on teens to make switches like that, and while your parents had your best interests at heart, getting good grades is a sign that things are good, not that they are too easy, so I don't agree with what they did People often don't realize that sometimes the best thing is to stay.

All I can say is that you might want to consider taking time to work on your academics this summer, and make a strong showing your senior year. Hopefully you'll have grades to show when you apply that can counteract your junior year. It's a shame because junior year tends to be the more important year, coming down to the finish line so to speak. App is one of the top Southern schools, and it's competitive - you may have a harder time getting in as a freshman but as my nephew has proven, it can be done later.

You should go to their site and review - here's part of it, this is what the last incoming class looked like grade-wise - and check the links below on freshmen students and transfer students criteria.
2012 Freshman Class Profile
Average weighted GPA of 3.99
Average SAT of 1153 (combination of math & verbal)
Average ACT of 26 composite
88% in state
12% out of state

http://admissions.appstate.edu/freshmen
http://admissions.appstate.edu/transfer-students




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Do you consider yourself to be a creative writer?
Rating: 95% based on 9768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment