Friday, December 20, 2013

Where can I find a plain, customizable backpack for kids?

best backpacks for kids
 on Top Rated Best Backpacks For All occasion
best backpacks for kids image



jackdefied


A friend of mine is having a baby next month, and I wanted to get a very plain, unmarked backpack (preferably pink or lavender) that is toddler sized. I want to stencil my own design on it. I use acrylic paint and a textile medium in my stencils, so it has to be canvas-like in texture (not windbreaker type material, as the paint will probably chip off). I've been looking everywhere, and can't seem to find what I need. Thanks for your help!


Answer
L.L. Bean

Does anyone know where I can find a free sewing/quilting pattern for a backpack for teenagers?




Nancy M


I want to quilt/sew a full size backpack for our kids school--not the little kiddie size ones that are for younger children.


Answer
Wild Ginger has a software program that is free called "Wild Things" - you tell it how big you want and it prints pattern pieces on your printer - you just tape them together. There is a backpack with a flap, as well as a zippered messenger bag, called a shoulder bag on their descriptions. I've used this program to make matchy halloween bags. I'm just a satisfied dedicated customer - no affiliation...

I did a search for "backpack" on craftster.org, and got like 20 pages of homemade backpacks that people have made there. I think what might be most helpful for you might be the messenger bag tutorials below, with double straps instead of one - the straps would attach at the top and bottom. It is not that hard to do and doesn't require a pattern.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Where can I find a plain, customizable backpack for kids?
Rating: 95% based on 9768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment