Sunday, December 22, 2013

How does wearing a heavy backpack effect your back?

heavy school bags for kids
 on Back to school: National School Backpack Awareness Day
heavy school bags for kids image



Insight


At school, I can my binders, 2-3 textbooks, and my note books all in my backpack. I use both shoulders, and someone told me that having all that in my bag will increase my chance of scolosis? Oh, it's about 20 lbs.


Answer
Carrying heavey wights can compress your disk and cause ruptured disk in your back. The small bone down your spine are seperated by disk. These disk have a center like mayo and an outside cover like leather. When you compress them too far the mayo stuff will push out into a bludge. This buldge can press against your spinal cord. Usually pressing against the nerves going down the legs causing a lot of pain if you life or move a certian way.
If you compress the disk too far the mayo stuff ruptures the cover of the disk and shoots into the spinal area. This mayo stuff will harded in a few week and be like crab meat rubbing constantly against the nerves. Here again usually the nevers that go down the legs all the way to the big toe.
Back operations are only 20% sucessful.
Tell you parents you do not want to hurt your back and have them call the school. I did this for my kids and they sent a set of books home for my sons to keep at home. He also has a set in his locker at school.
Remember once you hurt your back you are old for the rest of your life.
The pain is only the beginning for a back injury. The lack of sleep will nearly drive you crazy if your not careful.
I have had 8 back operations by the way.
Don't go see a Surgeon if you hurt your back!
Surgeons CUT! That is what they do, go see a regular doctor first. He will tell you to walk and keep weight down. Thats it.
So don't hurt your back.
There is nothing out there worth lifting, pulling or pushing that is wirth nearly a life time of pain and sleeplessness.
Got tell your principle that your back is hurting from the heavey load and you need help! If your parent won't call them for you.

What do you do on the first day of school IN a new school?




Anonymous


I'm going to a school that is both elementary and middle school. I am a middle school student. I registered for the school just a week ago. And here's the thing: I don't know my homeroom, I don't know where anything is in the school, and well.... I don't really know anything because nobody told me anything. What should I do? Also, should I bring all my school supplies on the first day including my summer work packet?


Answer
Try calling the school to find your homeroom before school starts, then you don't have to walk around trying to find yours. If the school can't tell you, go directly to the office your first day of school and talk to them, they should be able to help you find your homeroom.

Be nice and friendly to everyone, dress nicely, you should find someone that you might want to be friends with by the time the day ends.

For lunch, ask a person that you thinks is nice, or is in most of your classes, if you can sit with them at lunch. If you get to the lunchroom early, try sitting down and seeing if people come over to talk to you. Most people should be respectful to new kids, I don't think you'll be bombarded with mean insults.

Bring two notebooks, pencils, pens and your summer homework-- unless you want to carry around a heavy bag, don't bring all of your stuff. Most schools don't give a locker/cubby/whatever on the first day of school, so you don't want to carry your bag around if it weighs a ton. Also, you can write down any extra things you'll need, like binders/special notecards, and make sure that the next day you can have everything to properly start classes.


Good luck! I'm sure you'll have fun! :D




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How does wearing a heavy backpack effect your back?
Rating: 95% based on 9768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment