Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Teens ONLY: How does the weight struggle start within teenagers?

school bags teenagers
 on Ni Hao Kids school backpack Girls School bag: Baby
school bags teenagers image



Scarlett


We assume that because teens are so young, the only topics on your mind should be school, music, fun stuff, etc. Yet, adults struggle with weight for many reasons and they usually begin in their childhood. What would you like adults or other teens to know about struggles with weight? Is it all hype? How does the weight struggle start?


Answer
Some people say it's genetic, but I think it's an excuse to let yourself become 100-300 pounds overweight. It's a pathetic excuse. You don't just magically become fat because everyone else in your family is fat.

Whenever I go to fast food and I see someone wolfing down three hamburgers, I think to myself "And you wonder why you're fat?" or at the movie theaters when I see someone with the biggest size bin of popcorn, a giant slurpee and a couple boxes of candy, I think to myself "And you wonder why you're fat?"

Three hamburgers are not genetics, it's a choice. You chose to eat three hamburgers. You choose two eat seconds and thirds of massive portions of food. You choose to get a extra grande frappucino with extra carmel and whip cream instead of a skinny mocha. You choose not to exercise or push yourself when exercise. None of that is because the rest of your family is fat.

Teens think that just because they're skinny now they can eat whatever they want, but that's not true. It's going to pay off later when you don't know what a healthy portion is or know the difference between subsituting half a tub of ice cream for strawberries dipped in chocolate or making your own yogurt parfait.

My parents were very overweight, and so were my brother and I, only my brother and I didn't show it because we have fast metabolisms. Growing up McDonald's was somewhere we ate on a daily basis. At night, we would eat an entire bag of candy while watching tv. We would always eat steak and potatoes, and we whatever we ate we would have our plates full of mounds of food, like a mountain of spaghetti.

Several years ago my parents begin using Nutrisystem. When they began exercising, all they could manage to do was a lap around the street. Eventually, they were able to walk a lap around the block. They began learning portion control and ate smaller meals. They began walking the track and walking up and down the stairs. They lost about 50 pounds when they decided to quit Nutrisystem and learn how to eat healthy on their own.

Our portions were smaller and what we ate was much, much healthier. We tried to find healthier options for school lunches rather than the junk food we ate. We ate more sandwiches and more fruit. Apples and yogurt are now staples to our daily snacks. My parents quit drinking (which is TERRIBLE to drink when you're trying to lose weight!) and stopped going to fast food restaurants. When we eat out, we subsitute french fries for salad and fruit. We avoid greasy and fattening food. Now my parents jog and can hike for miles.

My brother and I aren't as strict as my parents. We still love to eat fast food and drink at Starbucks and eat ice cream and candy, but not nearly as much as we did growing up. We don't really exericse, but it's something we're still trying to work on.

My advice for teens who are struggling with weight is to find a support group or a buddy who can lose weight and exercise with you. It's so much easier to lose weight when you know you're not alone. Self-discipline is extremely hard but once you've learned how to say no overeating and eating poorly it becomes much easier. You have to be able to go out to a restaurant and be able not to pick the unhealhiest meal on the menu. You have to be able not to be eating 24/7. It's really hard, but it takes alot of dedication.

What is an effective but healthy diet for a busy teenager?




^_^


I'm 17 years old, 5 foot 4 inches tall, and 175 pounds. I'm really busy with school and extracurricular activities, but I think that it's time to make my health a priority. I understand that fitness/healthy living is a life style, and I'm not asking for a quick fix either. I just want to know: what is a good diet for me?


Answer
I think the best weight solution (especially for someone as busy as you!) is this; substitution. Before you reach for a bag of chips or hamburger try a Yoplait Yogurt instead. they are portable and delicious. Try granola, water or natural juice instead of soda, sandwiches instead of pizza. Excersice is great also if ytou have the time. Just whenever you eat something ask yourslef could I be eating something better? Also eat breakfast, it speeds the metabolism! Good luck and be patient!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Teens ONLY: How does the weight struggle start within teenagers?
Rating: 95% based on 9768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment