Tuesday, December 24, 2013

What's the difference between these stereotypes?

facebook school bags for kids
 on ... school because the more votes your school gets, the more chance your
facebook school bags for kids image



hnin.


Just list the definition?
Scene -
Indie -
Chav -
Plastic -
Emo -
Goth -
Hardcore -

Maybe add some pictures for them to see how the people look different?



Answer
Scene - "Scenesters" Are teenagers that are on the scene. They are THERE at every concert, convention etc. They get their fashion from "emo" kids but splatter in their own colors and whatnot. Scene is truly about being unique, but in modern day, it's turned into a stereotype where everyone looks the same. =_="
Pic: http://www.thisishowyoudoit.com/how-to-be-scene-girls-boys-fashion/

Indie - Border far from mainstream. They like listening to unpopular bands and hate popular music to the grave. They dress very casually, plain t shirt and jeans with converse. They dislike emos for stealing their fashion, i.e converse and clothes but turning it darker and more graphic
For pic, scroll down to the girl in front of the red wall with a large bag.
. http://lyttlerrdahl.blogspot.com/2010/06/indie-kids.html

Chav - Boys who are kind of gangster wannabes, with those DC like hats, fake bling, coats resembling a giant track suit and stupid words that resemble cuss words.
The girls are stereotyped as pregnant teens with many piercings on the ear, tight ponytails, etc.
Pic: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/744508-post50.html

Plastic - Oh you know them, those horrible popular girls that have tight cliques at your school. They wear cakes of make up and started dating in elementary school.
Their facebook page will mainly consist of:
"Omg, I look soooo ugly in this photo!"
"Oh no you dont (__insert stupid nickname__) You look sooo pretty!
"No I don't! You are sooo much prettier!"
"No you're prettier!"
"No you're prettier, (__insert untrue compliment here__)
"See?! You're sooo nice! You're sooo much prettier!"
etc. It goes on. It'll never stop. Not even on the apocolypse.
Pic is from nintendo game for "The Clique" based off of the series about a bunch of plastic girls and thier drama.
Pic: http://momstart.com/2009/08/nintendo-ds-game-the-clique-diss-and-make-up-giveaway/

Emo - Teens that are deeply interwined with their emotions. They express their emotions through writing, poetry, art and music. They generally dress in skin tight jeans in dark or bright neon colors, will wear generally darker shades of band tees. Chains, piercings and arm socks are also undeniable. They "tease" their hair, so it is big and volumized. They may dye it jet black or platinum blonde with a streak of another color. They are not always depressed and sad, but being emotionally in depth it sometimes seems that way.
Pic: http://www.layoutsparks.com/1/109400/emo-guy-dance-sing.html

Goth - People that give no crap about popularity in society. They aren't afraid of anything really, they dress in a darker style, sometimes resembling the Victorian style with the black lacy corsets and skirts, garters, platforms. They usually have dark heavy make up.
From as extravagant as this :
http://www.vexingsouls.com/images/goth-girl-in-the-rain.gif
To more subtle:
http://www.what-is-goth.com/images/Gothic-Girl-Black-Hair.JPG

Hardcore - People who go against mainstream very deliberately. They listen to hardcore music, metal? converse, jeans and a crew cut, i think. :P
Scroll down to see the pic on the link below
apparently a band called the unseen.
http://anarchyofpunk.blogspot.com/2010/12/unseen.html

How many teens are into alcohol/sex/drugs?




Rawrnold


I'm asking out of curiosity. Sometimes i feel like the only straightedge person out there.

How many of your friends/peers are into all that stuff?



Answer
HEY. Wow, I'm honestly REALLY glad you asked this question because I feel like I'm the only straight edge most of the time too. :/ Almost all of my friends have tried stuff like drugs and alcohol. Most of them don't do it regularly, but if the temptation's strong enough...
I though have never tried any of it and never will. At my high school we have a Peer Counseling class at school and I wrote up some reasons why I don't do drugs or alcohol, or have sex. Here they are. Its pretty long but yeah. I'd love to hear from you and see your reasons!
Excellent question!


WHY I CHOOSE A STRAIGHT EDGE LIFE.

1.I have a new baby cousin that I love dearllyyy. It would really kill me to see him dabble with drugs or alcohol, and I seriously would effing beat the crap out of anyone who led him on that path. Iâm sure someone feels that way about me, so I refrain.
2.This reasonâs kind of arrogant but itâs the truth⦠itâs pretty effing awesome to be able to say that a drop of alcohol has never entered my body nor has any other illegal substance. Not many other American highschoolers can say theyâve never done drugs or tried alcohol, but I say it with pride :]
3.People spend gazillions of dollars and intense amounts of time all through out a studentâs schooling preparing them for bad ass high school experience where a bunch of d bags are pressuring them to smoke or something to that extent. I want those people to know someone listened. It was worth their while, and they DID make a difference.
4.A little bit of me dies every time I find out someone I respect, like, or admire smokes or drinks heavily [sometimes even mildly]. Seriously. Iâm not just re-quoting a keychain or facebook group, I promise. I remember freshmen year when I slowly, slowly found out nearly EVERYONE smoked/drank. Nearly EVERY senior did it, and I looked up to them the most. Sometime in the beginning of freshmen year i found a group called Girls for a Change and stuff did change. There I met a group of seniors who didnât booze and puff and it was effing crazy. Now, theyâre in college and Iâm not quite sure what theyâre up to, maybe I donât want to know, but it matters that they were there my freshmen year and made a phenomenal impact on my views today. One girls was the 05-06 Peer Counseling president. Prettyyyyyy bitchin!
5.My main âanti drugâ is my family. Hereâs the first reason: If the average person does indeed live to be about 75, then my mom has about 33 years left and my dad has about 26 years left. I really donât want to make them have to deal with thoughts of âwhere did I go wrong!â âwhat the f is wrong with my kid!â etc. I think itâs just easier that I stay away.
As for the second reason- itâs kind of an inferiority complex. My dadâs older brother has 3 kids. They all went to my HS back in the day too. The oldest is a boy who went to Yale and then grad school at Harvard. The middle daughter went to UC Berkley and then Columbia. The youngest went to Boston University and then Harvard. My dad had 2 kids, his eldest son, my big brother, went to San Jose State University, and Iâm still in high school. Heâs never mentioned it and he probably never will, but Iâm sure its pretty humiliating. I think the least I can do is NOT make his life worse by starting new illegal extra curricularsâ¦
6.Finally, I really really donât want to die anytime soon. I want to see my 4 kids that I may have when I'm older and meet their kids! And maybe even my kidâs kidâs kids! I definitely view cigs and booze as catalysts of death, and thus I keep my distance.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What's the difference between these stereotypes?
Rating: 95% based on 9768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment