Monday, January 20, 2014

Are fish becoming less popular pets nowadays?

school bag essay for kids
 on CINNAMON BEAR, CATEGORIES BAG TAKE HOME ACTIVITY, GROUNDHOG POEM ...
school bag essay for kids image



Bobjoefred


@Ash. You are completely right. It has always been that way. I guess its because fish can't follow you around or physically be touched which appeals less to kids and more to adults with legitimate interests. You are also 100% right about fish keeping being popular in japan. I am half Japanese and I go there every summer, the majority of my friends have a fish called "Medaka" and a lot of people have koi ponds.


Answer
I don't think fish have ever become a booming selling pet like dogs or cats and that being said there are a lot of serious hobbyist, fish veterans, and just casual keeping however. Nowadays people are abusing fish, they throw them in bowls and put oscars and goldfish in small tanks because of consumerism and media.

If you go to a petco and see them selling 2.5 tanks with 5g filters it says on a little label: "Great for small goldfish and Betta's!" Then it shows on the other side a divider giving each betta a gallon of water to share. Horrible. Or it showing 3 goldfish on one side and a betta on the other.

When "Nemo" came out in America in 3D once more for a limited time people went crazy. Petsmart and Petco took advantage of this option and made 5 gallon marine tanks for choclate starfish and clownfish. It didn't come with a salinity measurer nor powerhead. Someone bought a bag of AQUARIUM salt and a 5inch starfish with the tank. No cycling, just picked up the fish like it was a simple land worm they were caring for.

I hate going to petco to pick up live plants and see a cute couple with an adorable child just loving the site of "the little fishies". The normal conversations go as "We can teach her/him responsibility, how to care for any animal". They go straight for the bowls at the suggestion of the petsmart employee and offers her a betta splenden or some feeder goldfish.

Here in Texas there are some serious hobbyist I know. There are at least 5 main big clubs, a great ma and pop fish store called Fintique and these guys will make you fill out a questionare about your tank and test you to see if you know how to properly care for the fish you are thinking of buying. Instead of keeping betta's in cups they keep them 2 gallons of heated water, small but not a freezing cup. They are gold.

In Japan fishkeeping is very, very popular. More ponds then tanks or very large tanks in restraunts or in the bigger city houses. Here in America its uncommon to buy a house and have a pond thrown into the deal but here its quite common even if you buy a regular 1 story house. I believe this is because carp are part of our history and culture. Fish just have some major legends here. Like the koi that lived 100 something years in royal family pond.

So, summarizing this essay, it depends where you live what media and populerity spew out. What's the next big thing. If a major popstar in America, er um something with a g? Gaga. Lets say gaga here says that tanks are awesome or whatever. I guarantee you 2 million kids will go running out and buying tanks and overstock them.

EDIT: I live in Osaka and often visit Tokyo which is 40 million times better than New York Time Square will ever be or Kawasaki, where my mother was born...
Right now I am taking college in Osaka.
BarfingWhale: I'm 21. So closish to 30...

Yeah the fish that can be touched and have personalities (koi and oscar fish for examples) are too much work to care for therefore they stick them in small tanks and throw tantrums when they don't express personality traits and die.

I have an old grandpa koi in my 1000g and its at least 3 feet long, no joke. We have no clue how old it is. It weighs 30 pounds and we have trained it to jump for food, it begs for treats, and follows you around the edge of the pond. If you take a dip in the pond it'll follow you as you swim and accepts pats on the snout and head.

So I helped my relative set up a big butt tank, 600-700g, and we decided on a school of bala sharks and a school of oscars. The oscars will bite at your fingers, waggle for food, make extremely comical expressions, and do pathetic leaps for pellets. They often bump each other and make little O's with their mouths as if they are speaking with each other. If one takes a crap all the others start crapping too its hilarious.

I believe with time and research a fishtank can become more enjoyable then any dog or cat.

What was Lisi Harrison's (the author of the clique series) childhood like?




Micaela ba


also, can you please post links/sources. i have to have it, we are doing an authors study and first we have to write an expository essay on our author.
Thanks so much(:



Answer
This doesn't really have a link, since it was in the last few pages of Best Friends For Never (The part where Lisi talks about herself.):

Any time someone starts a story with, "I was born in...," my eyes glaze over and I try not to yawn in their face. So I'll do my best to find a more interesting way of letting you know that I was born and raised in Toronto, Canada. There, how was that? :) I did not go to a private school like OCD and I was not in a rich evil clique of "Massies." I went to Hebrew school until ninth grade and then switched to Forest Hill Collegiate, a public high school. A lot of the kids in my grade came from families with tons of money and and wore Polo everything (it was really IN then, okay?). I, on the other hand, was forbidden to wear anything made by anyone other than Kmart or Hanes. I probably would have been allowed to wear The GAP but it wasn't on every block in Canada yet. My parents were on a mission to keep me as grounded and un-spoiled as they possibly could. And now, as much as I ah-dore fashion, I never go for designer clothes or bags. I tend to go for the more original styles. Granted, sometimes I look like a total goof bag but at least I'm not the only goof bag at the party. When I was eighteen I moved to Montreal to become a film major at McGill University. Canadians like to consider it as the Harvard of Canada, but Americans always laugh and call me an "intellectual wannabe" when I say that. Nice, eh? Anyway, I left McGill after two years because I knew deep down inside I wanted to be a writer, not a filmmaker, and McGill had a lame creative writing program. So I transferred to Emerson College in Boston, where I graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in creative writing. YAY!

The rest doesn't really say anything about her childhood.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Are fish becoming less popular pets nowadays?
Rating: 95% based on 9768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment