Monday, January 20, 2014

Is it disrespectful to carry a military bag if you aren't in the military?

school bags vietnam
 on School Bag (puma Character) - Buy School Bag,2011 School Bag,Animal ...
school bags vietnam image



Hahn


my grandfather passed away recently and we were going through his house, deciding if we wanted to keep anything. I found his old rucksack that he was issued during Vietnam. It has his number and his (and my) last name stenciled on it. The bag was in great shape so I decided to take it. It's good sized and sturdy,with no visible wear. I was thinking about using it to carry my textbooks, but I wonder if it would be disrespectful to carry the bag since I'm not in the service?


Answer
Not at all. Lots of people like wearing military garb. Kinda like supporting your favorite NFL team.

As a veteran, I don't view it as being disrespectful and unless you do something disrespectful with it. So don't show up at a KKK rally or OWS riot wearing his uniform.

Carrying your textbooks is completely fine. My daughter uses my old OD green map case to carry her stuff to school sometimes.

I need to intereview someone who was alive during the 60's?




Kayla


Helpppppp I need to interview someone who was alive during the 60's. If anyone could answer these questions, it would be awesome.

1) Did you hear a lot about Woodstock?
2) What was the music like?
3) Who was you favorite artist?
4) How did you feel about the government?
5) Where there any fashion trends?
6) Did you follow any trends?
7) Were you a part of the counterculture?
8) How did you feel about Vietnam?
9) Did you participate in any antiwar protests?
10) What were some slang words used frequently?
11)How did the death of Kennedy affect your life or environment around you?
12) What were some famous movies?



Answer
I finished High School 1963 and was drafted into the US Army 1965.
1) NO. 2) A lot of it was calming and romantic. A significant part of Rock and Roll was humorous My favorite of all time was Duane Eddie's "Rebel Rouser". Plenty of them were naughty, but I was too stupid to know it. 4) I trusted the government. We understood that nothing was really free unless it was stolen. Cheating was disgraceful. 5) Yes, the boys were supposed to be suave and comb their hair back just like the "Fonz" did. But he wasn't on TV till 10 years or more later. I liked to rebel against imposed pier pressure and do the opposite. (old nerd). 7) NO, I distrusted their leaders. 8) I was afraid I would have to go over there and kill people I had no complaint with. I did not understand it, still don't. I served with caution and eyes wide open. 9) As cautious as I was of the Vietnam war, I thought those people were Pee Babies. 10) Real foul language was not used. "Kid, Gads, Snazy, Stooge and I used "Scum Bag" once in the mixed company of an Army school, as someone jerked the fine hair on the back of my neck. Everything got real quiet all of a sudden. I honestly did not know, but thought it appropriate. 11) I was living near San Francisco CA at the time and in my first year of Junior College studying electronics. My dad was war damaged and a drunk. I had one relative killed and another shot up in WW II. Another uncle suffered the Korean war right after. So Kennedy's death was to me an expected risk. I was amused at all the commotion. His vice president was glad he was gone. I served under Johnson. 12) Bed Time for Bonzo (no not really, that was the 50's, but I was never more excited in anticipating a movie than that one! ) We went to the "Drive In" for movies. Perhaps my all time 60's favorite was Lee Marvin's "Cat Baloo". I laughed till my guts hurt! I thought Presley was an over rated slouch! I liked, "Breakfast at Tiffany's". Me & my first real girlfriend went to see it and she put my hand where I did not think possible. To this day when I hear "Moon River" I'll stop what I'm doing and drift back.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is it disrespectful to carry a military bag if you aren't in the military?
Rating: 95% based on 9768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment