Saturday, January 25, 2014

Exactly what is wrong with Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen?

best backpacks for kids today show
 on Notes And Queries: A Medium Inter-communication For Literary Men ...
best backpacks for kids today show image



mayj123


i saw it today and personally didn't find it nearly as bad as people are making it out to be. besides a few crude jokes, i really didn't see what was wrong with it.


Answer
i really enjoyed watching it...
but the problem with the midea is that there was a lot of
plot holes

such as:

1. In "Transformers," there was this giant battle in the middle of downtown Los Angeles -- excuse me, Mission City -- that was witnessed by thousands of people at the very least. But somehow the government was able to cover up the whole thing, and now the existence of alien robots is just an internet rumor? How did they do it? Pay off everyone who was there and quickly fix millions of dollars in damage? Also, didn't Keller (Jon Voight) go on TV and tell everyone we were being attacked by "a technological civilization far superior to our own"? How did they spin that?

2. There are two pieces of the Allspark cube left: the military has one under lock and key, and Sam discovers another. The Decepticons steal one and bring Megatron back to life. But when Sam (Shia LaBeouf) wants to bring back Optimus, he has to find the Matrix of Leadership on the other side of the globe. Why not use the other piece? Mikaela (Megan Fox) has it in her backpack the whole time. It brought his kitchen appliances to life, why can't it do the same for Optimus?

3. Speaking of Megatron's rebirth, when the Decepticons venture deep into the ocean to revive him, the Navy crew tracking them reads five contacts. When they get down there, they tear apart one of the robots for parts to rebuild Megatron. Then as they rise to the surface, the same Navy guys say they spot six contacts. The little "Doctor" robot popped out down there, but he's about a third of the size of a person. Would he have shown up on sonar?

4. That reminds me: even if I were to forgive the Doctor's German accent -- and director Michael Bay is asking me to forgive a lot of ridiculous accents -- why would a robot need glasses? He has little lenses that flip in front of his mechanical eyes. Couldn't he just get his eyes adjusted? You'd think with all the laser guns, someone could perform a Lasik procedure.

5. Apparently, Transformers can look like people now. How? And how is it that even though the robo-girl (Isabel Lucas) is made of metal, she can still straddle Sam without crushing him. And if Bumblebee knows something's wrong with her, why does he spit antifreeze at her instead of telling Sam? Yes, his voicebox is broken, but wasn't it fixed at the end of the last movie?

6. The Fallen is the last of the Primes, since they all sacrificed themselves to stop him from destroying the sun. But then he says that Optimus is a descendant of the Primes. First, Transformers have kids? And second, how could he descend from them if they were all dead? And if the Fallen could only be destroyed by a Prime, why didn't the originals just gang up on him back in the day? And what makes Optimus so special, anyway? Megatron beat him earlier, but all it takes is a few spare parts from creaky old Jetfire for him to take out the Fallen?

7. Sam, Mikaela, and Simmons (John Turturro) go to the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum in Washington D.C. to find Jetfire. Then they walk out the back onto a wide open field with old planes and mountains in the distance. When did the National Mall start to look so much like to Tucson, AZ (where they really filmed that scene)?

8. The geography is just as bad when they go to Egypt. The stone city of Petra in Jordan is over 250 miles away, over mountainous terrain, with few paved roads and the Israeli border between them, so how can they drive from one to the other in a couple of hours. And the Pyramids are said to be shooting distance from the Mediterranean, but they are actually well over 80 miles inland. Even if the Navy ship had a secret rail gun, and even if the captain would take an order to fire from a former agent of a government branch that no longer exists (over a walkie-talkie that inexplicably starts working again), how could it hit a moving target from that distance?

9. Sam briefly dies and goes to Robot Heaven. Robot Heaven?!?!

10. Where does Sam's bandage come from? What about his extra sock? Why does Sam's roommate not contribute anything at all? What was the Fallen doing for those thousands of years Megatron was frozen in ice? How does one satellite receive transmissions from everywhere on the planet? Why does Wheelie hump Mikaela's leg? Why do we have to see John Turturro's thong? Why are robots who join together to become Devastator also seen fighting the Army at the same time? Why does the government want only our military fighting Decepticons when our weapons seem unable to make so much as a dent on any of them? Why did the ancient Egyptians build a pyramid around the sun-destroying machines instead of just breaking it? Why is the Matrix of Leadership bigger in the Fallen's hand than in Sam's? And how do Mikaela's pants stay so clean?

Do you think kids today have generally less respect for adults then say a generation ago?




Carl d


It seems kids today are lippy, rebellious and generally disrespectful as well as being incredibly ungrateful, what do you think?


Answer
I think thats not true... But if it is, it's because adults have no respect for kids and teenagers...

As a kid I remember being refused service at corner stores for no other reason than I was a kid, and I remember people budging infront of me in line and I had been taught to be polite so I never said anything, and I remember taking my hard earned allowance as a young kid ($5 a month for doing dishes twice a week) to the store to buy a pack of skittles and the store clerk would give me less money than she should have... I also remember being picked on and humiliated infront of the entire class by my 4th grade teacher, if I didnt understand an assignment or a question or a book we were reading she would stop the whole class, and would ask the class if there was anyone who could answer my question because I wasnt smart enough to understand a simple assignemnt...

Then I became a teenager, and I remember one day I was sitting on a bench several stores down and around a corner from the liquor store in the middle of the day and being harassed and threatened by the police, being sworn at and told they were going to get me and I hadn't done a thing wrong... Another thing police do is stop any teenager wearing a backpack or a big purse and search it, where I live it is against the law for a cop to search your bags without your permission, and one time a cop wanted to search my purse, I had nothing illegal in it but I didnt want him to search it so I said no because it's an invasion of privacy, he ripped my purse from my hand and started to search it...

The teachers at school swear at us and favour some students over others, they refuse to accept assignments from some students and "accidently lose" some students assignments regularly while others never get theirs lost, then give the student 0...

Parents give bad examples by yelling at eachother and their children, by hitting eachother, swearing, making threats and ignoring "bad behavoir"... Parents also say really mean rude things, I remember being told by my mom she wished she never had me, and I ruined her life, and she wished she had an abortion, or she wished she killed me when I was a baby...

When I went to church, several small group leaders (who were all over 30yrs old) refused to allow my friend and I in their group or kicked us out within the first week of letting us join because we are A.D.D. (attention deficit disorder) and have difficulty concentrating and sitting for the entire hour...

I have absolutely no respect for adults until they have earned it... Most people see this as a one sided thing, but thats not how it is, the only people I openly have no respect for is the police, I give them the middle finger, I yell at them "FCUK THE POLICE" and if they stop me I say to whoever I'm with "do you smell bacon? ...NASTY"... But every other adult I am polite to until I have a reason not to be, but I still dont respect them, I just give them the opertunity to give me a reason to show them respect...




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Exactly what is wrong with Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen?
Rating: 95% based on 9768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment