Wednesday, January 1, 2014

How many carry on bags can you bring on Delta Airlines?

best child carrying backpack
 on Best Backpacks for School  and Kids Travel
best child carrying backpack image



CM Punk is


I was planning on bringing a small suitcase and a backpack. Will they allow me to bring those items?


Answer
You're allowed one carry on item and one personal item.

Approved Personal Items
1 purse, briefcase, camera bag or diaper bag
or 1 laptop computer (computers cannot be checked)
or 1 item of a similar or smaller size to those listed above

Additional Approved Items
The following items do not count as personal items (theyâre freebies):

A jacket or umbrella
Food or drink purchased after clearing the security checkpoint
Duty-free merchandise
Special items like strollers, child restraint seats or assistive devices such as wheelchairs or crutches

Here are also the size restrictions for carry on bags:

Baggage may not exceed 45 linear inches (or 115 cm) in combined length, width and height
Baggage must fit easily in the Carry-on Baggage Check (approximately 22" x 14" x 9" or 56 x 36 x 23 cm), which is located near the check-in counters

How do I handle all the baggage and my child when flying alone?




Amanda R


I am going to be flying non-stop to Colorado from St. Louis in a couple weeks. I will be flying alone with my one year old. I need to take his carseat(checking) and stroller(would like to keep it so I can use it in the airport so I guess it is like a carryon but it will be held at the front of the plane), and a suitcase (will be checking), and a diaperbag that I will be carrying on. My question is how am I going to handle all of this stuff when I pick it up at baggage claim and until I check it through? Will there be people that can help me get my bags or not?
Will they let me check the stroller so I can have it plane side?



Answer
I'm an ex-F/A who flies now alone with my three between Europe and California about every six months since each was about 4 months old. We also take shorter trips a lot.

1. I don't take a purse. I take a small fanny pack or long strapped small bag with my essentials and a backpack. It's a bit bigger than the standard size (I have one just for flying) and fits the onboard limits. With just one child, consider leaving or packing the diaper bag.

2. Attach the carseat to the stroller. Use bungee cords and perhaps try them back-to-back. Another option is to check/leave the stroller and put the carseat on "wheelie" cart. Make sure it's all metal and there is a gadget sold that fits several carseats. http://www.amazon.com/Gogo-Kidz-Travelmate/dp/B000MWZWV8 It's available on other sites too but that's just to show you what it is. I've done fine with an *all metal* cart and extra bungee cords. My old wheelie from my first airline found a second life by carting carseats!

3. Make sure you have a good carrier for your baby. Forget those fiddly Bjorns and use a wrap, sling or pouch. A Mei Tai or something like an Ergo carrier works well too. Carriers should last to at least 2 years. My 3 year old can still go in her sling. Great for calming babies onboard or getting sleeping children off the aircraft. Check out http://www.peppermint.com or http://www.kangarookorner.com for ideas (I don't work for those sites-they actually represent multiple companies).

4. In baggage claim, load the bags, put the carseat on the top along with any hand luggage and the stroller and push it *all* while the baby goes in the carrier. I've managed alone through customs and two other children this way.

For the record, I've never used a skycap. They're not used for international but use one if available. Tip well so that they'll be nice to the next family ;)

What I do with the backpack is that I wrap diapers, extra clothes, etc. and rubber band them to make room. I bring a cloth bag (the kind you buy in grocery stores as an alternative to plastic and paper) and use that onboard for diaper changes, etc. (so I'm not hauling the whole backpack around). I simply put what I need for each trip to the lav.

I have an article on flying with children that I put on a blog to share with other parents. It's totally non-commercial and sort of my own personal Mitvah. Feel free to check out;
http://flyingwithchildren.blogspot.com for more details on carseats, packing, booking and other tips.

Otherwise, have a good trip (and be grateful you don't have to face Customs!)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How many carry on bags can you bring on Delta Airlines?
Rating: 95% based on 9768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment