Saturday, January 4, 2014

What is the best way to label a child's backpack for school?

best child school backpack
 on Children's School Backpacks/Licensed Characters Backpacks
best child school backpack image



warehaus


My daughter starts kindergarten this fall, so this is new to me. How do YOU label a backpack? On the inside only? On the back? With some kind of iron-on label? Sharpie marker? Who has some ideas or suggestions for me?


Answer
ONLY on the inside, that's the most important thing!
This is so that child predators don't see the child's name and call to them. You should also try to put a cell phone or parent work phone as a contact number, because someone can get your home address if you list a home phone. It's sad that you even have to consider this, but it's a reality.

If you have a fabric backpack, an iron-on label is a good idea; if not, use a permanent marker like a Sharpie. Another idea is to sew on a patch or get a colorful zipper pull that the child can easily identify their backpack in the event more than one child has the same pack.

School start here in 6 days, 20 hours, and 21 minutes. HOORAY!

Should a child who has arthritis running in the family have a rolling backpack or a carrying backpack?




PersianPri


I have arthritis. And my child wants a carrying backpack for school. But I'm scared to buy her one because I'm afraid that she will develop arthritis. Should I not buy her one or is this not true?


Answer
What form of arthritis do you have?

If you have osteoarthritis then her developing it will no be related to the fact you have. If you have autoimmune arthritis then there is a possibility she will develop it, however this is not high. I've heard children of people with autoimmune arthritis are 5% more likely than the general public of developing arthritis.

Using a rolling backpack rather than a carrying one is not going to make any difference if you're worried about her developing autoimmune arthritis. This is caused by an immune system that attacks itself. If you're worried about osteoarthritis, then the truth is that she will probably develop it regardless. Nearly everyone develops osteoarthritis eventually.

I've seen a number of orthopedic surgeons, physiotherapists, rheumatologists and GPs, none of them have recommended a rolling backpack for me. I've had arthritis since I was 8 years old and it affects my spine.

It's best to make sure her backpack is not too heavy and the weight is evenly distributed across her shoulders. If you can get one with a clip across the stomach (and she'll use it) then this will help spread the weight further.

I hope that's helpful.

.....




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the best way to label a child's backpack for school?
Rating: 95% based on 9768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment