Friday, February 7, 2014

Any ideas on 80's stuff I can put in a bag...?




Lys


My art assignment requires that I come up with a "type of bag"... Basically, we need to think of a bag (i.e. school bag, doctor's bag, tool bag, etc.) that interests us so we can paint a still of the contents inside of it. I just decided I wanted to do an "80's bag" but I'm having trouble thinking of what might go into that bag... All I can think to put in it right now is a rubik's cube. What ideas do you have? What objects- that would fit in a bag- defined the 80's? Please help :-)


Answer
The Vietnam War Memorial
Space shuttle Challenger
An old IBM computer
Mexico City earthquake.

Books about the war in Vietnam?




Intergalac


What's the best book you've read about the Vietnam War? Fiction or Non-fiction.

Non-Fiction: David Halberstam's "The Best and the Brightest," OK, I had a public school education and the Vietnam War was *not* taught in my classes...so I set about educationg myself. This book was very helpful.

Fiction: Tim O'Brien is a talented writer who would be successful no matter what he wrote..."The Things They Carried" is a masterpiece as well as "If I Die in a Combat Zone..."

But my very favorite was "Keeping Watch" by, incredibly, a woman, Laurie R. King
http://www.laurierking.com/books/standalone-novels/keeping-watch-2003

Can anyone recommend any good reads for me, fiction and non-fiction?

Posting this here as opposed to Books & Authors, since no one in there reads.

Thanks everyone!



Answer
Kelly,
this answer is sort of a mixed bag of "Fiction" and "Non-Fiction" as it was a comic book put out by the DOD between 1968 -1972 that today yields a small fortune if you can find them in "good" to "excellent" condition. Totally sexist, totally for guys, and totally for field grunts. They would NEVER get away now with what they did then, and I really LOVE this stuff. http://www.ep.tc/problems/25/02.html

For Non-Fiction ~ the best book with detail and American Involvement from the Policy side is Dr. Bernard Fall's "Hell in a Very Small Place"; but would recommend you read first "Street Without Joy" as it sets the tone for "Hell...." http://bernardfall.com/ From teenage Resistance Fighter with the Françaises de l'Intérieur ~ to embedded journalist with the French Foreign Legion in French-Indochina to Syracuse University Doctorate then Professor at Howard University and embedded journalist with the 5th Marine Regiment of the 1st Marine Division.

All the best,
Gerry




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Any ideas on 80's stuff I can put in a bag...?
Rating: 95% based on 9768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment