Friday, February 21, 2014

Do college kids still carry backpacks?




TheMilitan


I guess this question makes me an old.

My neice is off to college at the end of August, and I thought I would buy her a nice backpack for her August b-day. I thought a backpack was a neccsity for a college student, but then I started thinking maybe backpacks are more of a trend. So, my question to you youngs out there: Do college kids still carry backpacks? Is there a brand that is more "in" than others? Are the LL Bean monogramed ones (which are really good quality, and I think cute) considered dorky?



Answer
I would say that the breakdown of carrying stuff is...

45% backpacks
25% messangers
10% gym bags (adidas, etc)
10% shoulder bags (gym bags, but the 80s style)
10% other (purses, etc)
(This is a rough estimate based on my school)

Backpacks are better for the back than messangers, and when she's carrying a laptop and books home from the library, she'll thank you. Make sure it has a laptop pocket, if she is getting a laptop for school. The LL Bean ones are really cute, I love them. Otherwise, Jansport is popular, as is Northface and Roots (in Canada).

You could fill it with all sorts of cool, fun gadgets for back to school, etc (depending on how much you want to spend on her)

Going to 7th grade. Questions about bags and packpacks and stuff hehe.?




kittykatso


Hey im going to 7th grade (middle school) I was wondering if we still use backpacks or if we carry totes or if we wear messenger bags? Could someone tell me the answers to those questions and i was wondering what would be better to get a messenger sort of bag cheap from abercrombie kids or hollister? I mean a bag like this one.

http://www.hollisterco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10251_10201_406111_-1_12748_12552



Answer
USE A BACKPACK!
trust me, a messenger or tote may look "cute" or whatever, but youll regret it.
you need a good backpack to be able to carry all of you books, and messengers are bad for your shoulders.

and that kind of messenger bag will prob. like break after a couple of months anyway. abercrombie and hollister crap is cheaply made and highly priced.

like someone above me said, there are plenty of cute backpacks out there. like roxy. also, jansport has a lot of cute designs and patterns!

http://www.roxy.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=backpack&origkw=backpack&sr=1



LillyLoveâ¥.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Do college kids still carry backpacks?
Rating: 95% based on 9768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment