Saturday, February 22, 2014

Do you have your teenage kids use school backpack for traveling?




JK


My son will be going to a couple of band concert trips and I was wondering if it's odd if he uses his school pack - last year most kids seemed to have a special travel bags but I'm kind of poor and I just didn't see the point of buying a new bag when his school pack seems to be sufficient for the purpose.

Why do people provide their kids with different travel bags other than their school packs?



Answer
Yes, he certainly can use his student backpack as a travel bag. I have done that many times when I'm just going on an overnighter. It is a simple, practical solution and as you noted, it is sufficient to carry the things he needs. As for why other people buy "luggage" for their kids when their backpacks would suffice, it could be that an obvious solution staring them right in the face never even occurred to them. Perhaps they think a backpack has only one function and it never dawned on them it can have all sorts of handy uses (I used mine last weekend to carry tools up to our church to work on a project). How great that your son is in band. Kids who participate in performing and visual arts frequently excel beyond their peers who don't. He is learning so many great things, including teamwork and responsibility, not to mention things he doesn't even realize he's learning that will help him in subjects such as math and science. You're a great mom to encourage his music playing. Brava for you!

What is the year kids started carrying backpacks to school?




Mrs. B


I was really wondering what year kids started to carry backpacks to school. I have pictures of my kids in Jr. high school in 1984, no back packs, only a little bag. The they used to carry a lunch pail.


Answer
When I was in high school, I had an old army knapsack. There weren't any backpacks until I went to college. I graduated in 1981.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Do you have your teenage kids use school backpack for traveling?
Rating: 95% based on 9768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment