Saturday, February 15, 2014

What is the difference between Fujian White Crane Kung Fu and Wing Chun Kung Fu?

Q.


Answer
White Crane is crane based and Wing Chun is based on the crane and snake. Wing Chun was designed to be learnt quickly by rebels against the Qing empire.

Neither is good? Nonsense! Wing Chun is great for self defense as it was designed for that very purpose (for Ming loyalists against the Qing empire and has been tested in street fights in Hong Kong and Southern China). Wing Chun is designed to finish your attacker/opponent as quickly as possible, any longer than you have failed to properly defend yourself.
No conditioning? Well you have never trained in my kwoon. The wooden dummy is not just for practicing the form and applications, it is for conditioning your arms and legs. Some of my Wing Chun seniors have forearms and legs that are like tree trunks. When they block with their arms and legs, it is like getting hit as well. Oh and most Wing Chun students condition their fists too on bags. Plus you get used to being hit there as well. The forms also do some leg stance conditioning.

I cannot speak for the White Crane as I have no training in it. But it is a Southern Chinese martial art and they are no nonsense martial arts born from the need for self defense and dynastic intrigue.

Lastly, when people say that martial arts like Wing Chun are no good for fighting because they are not combat sports is missing the point. Self defense should last seconds, you need to get out of the situation quickly and get away. Standing and fighting for 5 minute rounds is not self defense but a sporting contest. The longer the fight, the more chance of other factors coming into play like fatigue, the opponents friends coming to help kill you, allowing your opponent to get his bearings and weapons.
Do you think U.S Marines fight insurgents quickly or in a longer time period like a MMA round? Quickly! Because it is life and death. You try to hurt me and I'm gonna gouge your eyes, knifehand your collarbone, punch your throat, palm strike your chin/jaw, elbow your temple, knee your manhood, kick out your knees and stomp ya ankles......which of those moves are allowed in a MMA fight? Martial arts and Combat sports have different aims. And I have seen little conditioning in BJJ or Kickboxing.

Edit: I train in an authentic Wing Chun school that is affliated with the Ving Tsun association in Hong Kong. We do all the hard conditioning and sparring that is traditional. However I do concede that there are now heaps of Wing Chun schools popping up that are horrible McKwoons that teach nothing but chain punching and a low straight kicks. Stay away from them as they are as bad as kid Karate Mcdojos. Thanks Donnie Yen and Bruce Lee! Wannabes have watched their films and now teach a watered down dribble without the conditioning, proper forms and cultural aspects. I have seen 5 such schools open up in my area by a pony tailed wannabe who is a disgrace.

Oh and Wong Shun Leung was not a weak fighter eh! He showed that Wing Chun can beat other styles including Boxing when you train hard and are good. Bruce Lee wasn't that good and his seniors thought so. He was just a good actor who could use elements of MA's for film application. He has some good ideas but that was because he never finished his training. In Karate terms, Bruce Lee was a brown belt in Wing Chun.

How to fit in without being a snob?




Calvin


I'm really not rich myself, but I live in a private school environment in Hong Kong where kids pay 20k+ (usd crazy ikr!) per year for their schools. One of my best friends spent over $2000 on earbuds and headphones for himself alone O_o I constantly feel like I need to buy nice clothing etc to keep up. The other day my parents spent $300 on a Diesel shoulder bag and a Swiss army shoulder bag for me as a gift. Although I was really grateful, I felt bad because I know they cant afford to live as extravagantly as the other families around us. I want to be less of a burden by requiring less of my family. Even when I once pointed out a $70 Puma athletic bag I thought I could use, I could tell they were really reluctant although they would have bought it for me. However, I still want to be able to fit in with my rich friends and hang out with them? Is there any way I can do both? Do you guys know any ways to get cheap but good quality designer clothing? Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

And btw, plz dont tell me 2 ditch my friends, because I'm really close to them, and its really hard to meet non-snobbish people in Hong Kong.



Answer
Well, that means they don't shop at cheap stores! So you can often get like cheap clothing and stuff that looks really fancy but it won't have the brand name...hopefully ppl won't notice. They are also flea markets and places where people drop off their old clothing. This may sound like ur poor, but who cares? Some people may actually drop off their old but good quality name brand stuff. And lastly, there is always Craigslist list and ebay and all these websites you can get ur stuff at....this is a great idea. You can totally get whatever onlibe foe cheaper.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the difference between Fujian White Crane Kung Fu and Wing Chun Kung Fu?
Rating: 95% based on 9768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment