Tuesday, November 26, 2013

What was your crazy experience in a foreign country?

school bags trolley
 on ... Bag,Kids school trolley bag, Cartoon school bags for kids,school bag
school bags trolley image



truthseeke


Like when you went to a foreign country what happened to you over their that was fun,crazy,something that you never been or saw before tell me your experience and what country was it and what did you miss when you left that country.


Answer
I have 3 actually. All Missionary work. 1. Mexico, staying with many other people and in a triangle; housing, ocean & very old, worn out bull fighting ring, people selling fish tacos w/lime juice. Exquisite. Low tide, full sun, very easy to fool self, on vacation at beach resort. Sad, and horrific and glad bull ring ended. 2. Nigeria, arrival day; seeing Military guards w/AK47's & 45's on hips, going through customs, I was the only one not open to scrutiny...I used a Military bag instead of a suitcase, as the others did. Two torrential rains, per day, our car flooded, ankles soaked. At bunk house later in the day; hundreds of people ran up to visit and help us unpack our 5 cars, even tiny children. All so loving. I still miss that. Smiles from ear to ear. Joyfulness of small children. 3. Holland, felt like coming home. Van Gogh Museum was the best for me (my favorite artist of all time, to me much better than the famous Rembrandt). MY opinion! No mail thanks! Teen guys trying to eat glass, drumming on a bucket outside Grand Central Station; concerts in Rembrandt Square; they (singers, musicians, etc) would go door to door (cafe to cafe which are side by side with tables & umbrellas), people giving them $; a bus, trolley, train every 15 minutes...grab the train & GO TO PARIS, FRANCE! or a boatride to Denmark or the train on to Germany. Oh what opportunities. Funnest thing done there, was 3 things. Cheese Factory, oh how can I get it into my suitcase, was my thought. Must weight 20 lbs. The Shoe Factory, made shoes of wood, from a hunk lying on the floor. A size 10 would end up being size 86 there. The Chocolate Factory was closed, the Pewter Factory was only making spoons, cool. One working Wind Mill was grinding seeds. Now the funniest was this: We (2 of us) switched a bedroom with one of the guys in our STORM Team. We switched everything, across the hall while he was out "seeing the city" for the last time. Even the door # was switched. But, we kept it all, just like he left it; you know, bed unmade, stuff lying around etc. Then we 2 left the building. Came back later when we felt he would be "asleep"?...no way! He waited for us to return. He had gone to the front desk, demanding his stuff be returned, or calling the Police. Finally, everyone knew it was a practical joke on him. He began to search the floor, and found all of his stuff across the hall. He was laughing when we arrived back and so thankful to us. We had no idea; outside the window was a huge Cutty Sark in the channel, in front of the Maritime Museum. He was able to see the City of Amsterdam, from one end to the other; people driving, walking, boats, birds, tree tops.....when before all he could see was the inside court yard of a 6 story building. A Practical Joke, which turned out super for everyone concerned. We truly miss those wonderful times.
So, IF YOU ever have the chance to visit Europe, GO! Borrow $100 from every single person you know, each family member, all your college, high school friends and GO! Find a reputable place to stay; we stayed at the DTS with YWAM, across from the Maritime Museum. A huge, old, stone building; full of Maritime history. Visit every Museum, walk, travel & take tons of Traveler's Cheques + Cash, store it in several places. Stay up late, go to McDonald's, Dominoe's Pizza next door and 31 Flavors, Baskin Robbins, across the channel and stay out from under eaves; full of spiders. Eat well, and ENJOY!
bye.........zzscape.

My grandmother has to many dogs. How can I deal with the situation?




Rycan


My mother is almost 70 years old (a tiny little lady) and she has 11 huskies.
I have trouble accepting this because of all sorts of issues.
The dogs spend most of their time on the trolley lines I built and only occasionally get exercise. They're high energy dogs and she doesn't have the energy to run them often. She feeds them hundreds of dollars of meat every month, The noise is unbearable, the house carpets are stained with poop and urine, she doesnt know how to maintain the trolley hardware, she struggles with several 40 pound bags of kibble per month and she is complete in denial that it is too much for her...
Im thinking of trying to find them homes behind her back considering an argument we got in where she said, "Then YOU find them homes!", which I think she more so just said to shut me up.
I feel like, if I could get her to say that on a recording, then there wouldn't be any legal issues...
I hate to do this, but we've lived out in the middle of no where since I was 12 and now Im 28. We always live somewhere where there's no jobs, schools, friends, family, no opportunities.
I have a little brother that I want to stay with until he's out of high school, at least, but I feel obligated to stay here and help her. We were supposed to move to somewhere near my brother, but ended up 10 hours away, from California to Michigan, and my little brother lives in Ohio. She argues that we're closer now and I say that it's like jumping at the sun. Yeah you're closer, but I still have to make a journey that may as well be from California... When I do visit Ohio, she's always telling me on the phone how much she misses me and she wishes I were there and that there's so much to do... I pressed and pressed for her to move somewhere within an hour or 2 drive of my brother, but she wanted to live somewhere where there were other mushers. So, here I am thinking that her dogs are a higher priority than her sons future...
I know she's not senile, but sometimes I think she may be a hoarder.. at one point we had about 20 dogs in a large pen and they would get lose and animal control was harassing her and she ended up getting in an expensive legal battle where she had to give up most of her dogs, but ended up just finding homes for some and sent half to a boarding kennel until we moved...

Im just at a loss.. I want to just run away, but my conscience is telling me to stay and help her, but then the other half of me is saying that I have a little brother in high school that I should be with and when he's out of high school, he'll likely go off to college and may get married and I'll only get to see him once a year around the holidays if Im lucky.....
Im tired.. I want to live my own life and make my own decisions, not revolve my life around someone elses dogs....
Well, thank you for reading my rant. I appreciate you time.. If you have any thoughts, I'd be very open to hearing them...



Answer
If you think that she will seriously let you find them homes, then have her sign the dogs over to you. If they are AKC registered, ask her to transfer ownership to you. You, in turn, can contact Siberian Husky Rescue and have them pick up the dogs. This way all new potential owners will be very carefully screened so that they find the best homes possible.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What was your crazy experience in a foreign country?
Rating: 95% based on 9768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment