Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Does anyone have a cream horn recipe?

school bags for year 9
 on In The Country Where Nothing Happens - Garinet - Love Can Seriously ...
school bags for year 9 image



hello


When I was in high school (30 years ago) I used to get these great, fresh cream horns. They had a whip cream sort of filling. Heavier then whip cream though. Looking for a recipe. Need to know how to make the horn too.


Answer
Cream horns Recipe

1/2 Basic puff pastry; see
-recipe
1 Egg yolk
1 ts Water
3/4 c Whipping cream
3 tb Powdered sugar
1 ts Grated chocolate
Substitute
1/2 pk Frozen puff pastry (17-1/4
-oz)

Roll pastry into a 15- x 9-inch rectangle. Cut into 9 (15-
x 1-inch) strips. Starting at tip of mold, wrap one strip
around an ungreased 4-inch metal cream horn mold, winding
strip spiral-fashion and overlapping edges about 1/4 inch.
Place on lightly greased baking sheet, end of strip down.
Repeat with remaining strips. Combine egg yolk and water;
brush over entire pastry. Freeze 10 minutes. Bake at 425
degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until puffed and golden
brown. Remove from oven, and gently slide molds from
pastry. Turn oven off. Return pastry to oven for 10
minutes. Remove from oven, and cool completely on a wire
rack.

Combine whipping cream and powdered sugar; beat at high
speed of an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Spoon
whipped cream into a decorating bag fitted with metal tip
No. 4B. Pipe whipped cream into pastry horns. Sprinkle
grated chocolate over tops of cream horns. Chill until
ready to serve. Yield: 9 servings.
NOTE: One-half (17-1/4-ounce) package frozen puff pastry
may be substituted for 1/2 recipe Basic Puff Pastry.

What school bag should I get for next year?




Charley


I am going into grade 9 next year and I don't want to be one of those girls who carry a truck on their back. I need a bag which will be comfortable and can carry a reasonable amount of books. I like cute styles, back packs and some shoulder bags. I want this bag to last till the end of the year. Please tell me which stores or brands
Thank you, and I will happily take in your advice.
Ps: oh I'm in a state school so there are no rules on this ;)



Answer
Try just carrying your books, people I know usually make fun of the people who carry bags.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Does anyone have a cream horn recipe?
Rating: 95% based on 9768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment