Sunday, September 8, 2013

Tips,Tricks & Advice for Surviving Grade 9 in Toronto?

school bags for kids toronto
 on free fallen angels auto clicker
school bags for kids toronto image



superb lom


I'm starting high school soon and i'd like to know the expectations and would like to know any tips and tricks because i want to know what it will be like.

1) any tips? list them all [studying,choosing courses, etc

2) any tricks? list them all [for example studying, making friends, graduating, getting on honor roll?

3) advice?

Ty.



Answer
1) study. Study. Study. Trust me, you don't want to get behind, cause once it gets to exams... You're gunna be screwed.
Pick courses you like! I chose music, and honestly it was the worst decision if my life. D: haha

2) Tricks? Hmm. When it comes to exams, there some facebook groups with gr 9 science, geo etc and the notes. Which can be helpful.
Also, just be yourself and be nice to try and make friends. Talk to everyone because most likely everyooonnne in gr 9 are looking for new friends.

Just have fun!
Oh, and please please pleeeease, don't be the kid with the rolly bag..

How has Scientology and Dianetics changed your life?




Brightligh


Please, anyone that has read Dianetics and has seriously applied it to their life, please answer...not just southpark addicts (like myself)...


Answer
Well I've been a Scientologist for over 36 years which is most of my life so far. It changed my life when I first discovered it and continues to be a spiritual adventure.
Here's my story of how I first found it and why I chose it:

When I was 17 still in school in London UK,I looked around me at life in general, what I was being taught by my teachers and also my parents in particular, and realised that they did not actually have answers to my questions.This was quite a shock at the time, and I actually got quite depressed, I thought:" I don't want to bring children into this world the way it is". I even got sent to the doctor, who offered me "something to take the edge off things"(valium was very popular back then). I declined his offer and started searching for answers myself.
I got interested in Eastern thinking, meditation, and even went to see a guru who asked me if I wanted "the word". I felt he really knew nothing about me and did not seem very interested either way, so again I declined his offer.
I decided to go to teaching college, as I thought that might be a way to help change and improve conditions in life. In the summer before starting college, 1971, I travelled to Israel and spent 6 weeks there, travelling and working. I spent time in the Negev desert on an acheaological dig, picked apples in a kibbutz, etc. While there I had this realization about myself. Basically , that I AM myself, regardless of what or who is around me. Until that point I thought I was the sum of what others considered me to be, my culture, genes, environment etc.
When I got back I found out from a friend of mine that an exboyfriend and become a Scientologist. I was curious, I imagined him with a shaved head and a tamborine chanting his way down the streets of London!
I was told he worked at the Church of Scientology in London. I went there. He was pleased to see me etc. For me the whole meeting was affected by my "crush" on this guy, he hadn't shaved his head, just got a hair cut and looked pretty OK. He did lent me a copy of a book about Scientology called "The Fundementals of Thought"
I went to college (in Liverpool) and he wrote me long letters that I didn't answer. The college experience gave me more certainty that the answers were not available in the "system". Particularly I took psychology as one of my additional subjects, hoping to find out more about what makes us "tick". It quickly became apparent to me that this subject was pretty useless and did not really know anything about the mind or the spirit (the word psychology comes from the Greek word PSYCHE which means soul or spirit).
One day I was feeling guilty about not answering this guys letters, so I started reading the book he lent me.
There was a chapter in it called "The Parts of Man" and it descibed the exact same thing I had realised for my self while in Israel.
Having someone else agree with me that what I found to be true was in fact true was enough for me to know that I had found something finally.
I'm not one to waste my time, so when I got a telegram from this guy asking me to come to London and help out at the Church of Scientology, I packed my bags and left.This was in early 1972.
Since that time I have been a very active Scientologist in many areas of life ,married a Canadian, moved to Toronto in 1981. Have 2 adult kids, helped establish schools using education methods of Hubbard. I've run Drug Rehab and Drug Ed programs, also using these techniques.
Helped many people change and improve their lives, and have personally achieved a level of understanding and ability that is beyond any "price".
In short for me, I found what I was looking for. A way to change and improve life and conditions for myself and others and the adventure of understanding life continues.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Tips,Tricks & Advice for Surviving Grade 9 in Toronto?
Rating: 95% based on 9768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment