Saturday, March 15, 2014

Have you ever went to a camp with no proper toilets...?




I'm Perfec


I've never been to one... the camp I've been to had proper toilets and cabins didn't sleep in tents or anything :-/


Answer
ha you gotta rough it out kid.
when i was backpacking in europe we literally went hiking all day just around and found places to camp and never had proper toilets. we had to piss behind bushes and shit for the whole month we were there. ha
but to be honest that trip was the best month of my life.
it was worth it.

What would I need to go out camping?

Q. I wanna go out camping in Alaska I would like to know the following: when is the best place to go camping, what should I bring, who do I talk to, and whatelese I need to go camping? Oh, by the way, I'm bringing my cameras with me to film the nature its huge and would take a lot of weight with me its no ig deal because I'm not rushing filming and camping in the wild is my favorite hobby even since I was a kid.


Answer
In my opinion there's virtually no bad time to go camping in Alaska. It's just important that you do your homework and prepare appropriately for the conditions (especially in the winter).

If you're going to be in one of the National Parks, I would recommend visiting the NPS web site, gathering as much information as possible, and then call ahead to speak with a park ranger to get advice that will be specific to your situation, timeline, hiking ability, etc. If you'll be camping in the backcountry, permits are almost always required.

I have a list of essential items that I've personally fine tuned over a period of many years hiking and camping in the northwest. I want to stress that what you bring really depends on the conditions, where you're going to be camping, and how long you plan to be out. The following list should give you a good starting point though.

Personal Gear:
1. Lightweight backpack w/ hip belt
2. Sleeping bag (with appropriate thermal ratings for the conditions)
3. Sleeping pad
4. Durable hiking boots BROKEN IN*
5. 2 or 3 pr. wool socks*
6. 2 or 3 pr. cotton or polypro socks*
7. 1 pair pants*
8. Base layer thermals
9. 1 shirt*
10. WOOL/Fleece Second Layer
11. Wool/polyester beanie
12. Rain wicking outershell
13. Small towel
14. Toothbrush/Toothpaste
15. Biodegradable toilet paper
16. Purell hand sanitizer
17. Sunglasses
18. 2 water bottles - 1 quart each (Lexan, no soda bottles)
19. Spoon & 2 cups
20. Pocket knife
21. 1 large size zip lock
22. Basic personal first aid kit (Moleskin, Band-Aids, Chapstick, medicine, Gold Bond)
23. Whistle (For emergency signaling)
24. Small flashlight or headlamp with extra set of batteries and 1 extra lamp
25. Compass and map (I will provide maps)
26. Lighter or waterproof matches (1 box)
27. Sunscreen (SPF 15 or better)
28. Bug repellent
*Includes what you are wearing

Optional Personal Items:
1. Counter Assault Bear Deterrent Spray
2. Triptease Guyline (for hanging bags from bears)
3. Camera (with protective case)
4. Trekking poles
5. Gaiters if snow is present

Buddy System Gear (split between you and your hiking partner):
1. Shelter for 2 with poles and stakes (+ rain fly)
2. Lightweight backpacking stove w/ 2 canisters of fuel
3. Lightweight cook set (2Pots)
4. Scouring pad
5. Meals for the duration of your trip (Freeze dried for lightweight trail travel)

Shared Equipment:
1. Water purification system

You may want to bring a change of clean clothes to be worn on the drive home, and cash for additional food/unexpected expenses.Your target weight for your pack, WITH FOOD AND SHARED EQUIPMENT is 30-40 lbs. Keep it LIGHT!

Enjoy Alaska...I'll actually be up there again myself later this summer.

Happy Trails!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Have you ever went to a camp with no proper toilets...?
Rating: 95% based on 9768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment