Tuesday, March 11, 2014

what will be the future?




Arabelle


in my opinion, this world and most people ( esp who lives in big cities) are really materialistic. i come from a country that is so poor and i moved to a big city in US. i know i am lucky because most of the people in my country cannot have the opportunity to go here. but instead, i am deeply DEPRESSED. i am not homesick, ive been here for 3 years. things are going worse for me than ever.
its impossible for me to be happy without anything related to money. im only happy when i shop, spend money,get new things, etc but i HATE this person ive become. and i remind myself ALL THE TIME to not change. people in my country are very simple. my friends dont care about branded stuff or cars. we just hang out and eat and laugh nothing that needed much money. but my friends here bragsss about bags clothes shoes cars,etc that costs hundreds and thousands of dollars.
in my country there are beautiful places like beach mountains and i get so refereshed, its so different than what its like here.
and im depressed because nobody understands me. most of the people who come to US are very aggresive in school and work.and it freaks me out. i mean, these people are soo obsessed with work and school (which of course leads to money) they just want to be rich. im freaked out because i realized that money becomes people #1 priority in life.to live rich. i know not all, but most people around me are like that, even my boyf. and feel lonely most of the time bcause nobody understands me and i feel like the world is turning and spinning so fast and im just here. i dont even want to move i just want to be happy,live at ease and enjoy every moment. but icant!!!
i didnt want to go here, my parents forced me to.
being around them also makes me feel like a failure because i am not even close to their achievements (eventho im not interested) but i cant help it.
and i cant be myself completely and im not comfortable around them.
i just feel like im born in the wrong era. i hate technology. i wish i was born in an era where technology havent exist yet.

so what should i do?
dont say to come home to my country because i cant do that for at least 3 years. so thats not an option

cheer me up or criticize me for being a spoiled girl or whatever will be appreciated thanksssss



Answer
Hey babe, i can feel the depression from the question and the details you have provided. I am from india. I cannot be physical present to help you out but as virtual and good communication i can make you feel good for yourself. I also don't have good online friends until today. But not if you feel that i can be your friend to help you . You can ping me i am online and i will there at any point by virtual not physically.


If you are willing to have a good discussion and friendship ping me karthikeyan_mhn@yahoo.com

I need some personal style help!?




Jane Paige


Okay, before I go out this year and buy a new school wardrobe, I want to know what my personal style is. So far, I've been dressing like every other preppy girl at school, but that's really not who I am. I mean, there are a few basic styles at my school- Preppy, Athletic, Nerdy, Gangster, or Punk/Emo/Goth. But I'm none of those!

I see myself as more of a 'Coffehouse Poet'/NYC kind of girl. But how do I show that in what I wear? T-T Please Help!



Answer
Isn't your question a little turned around? It's like you are saying, "I got the role of a coffeehouse poet in a play, what should my costume be?"
When you go shopping, if you see something that you like and that looks good on you, just buy it! Trying to put together a complete outfit w all new items is like costuming yourself.
That's my answer as an adult. . .but I guess if you are in high school you do have fewer clothes, you outgrow clothes, you want to look more like an adult, your personality IS changing, etc. Plus if your only resource is the mall then yeah, your choices are limited. Some people only go shopping at certain times a year--mistake. It's best to always be on the lookout, esp for bargains. Only buy something when you love it, don't buy something just for the sake of having something new.

So---when I think of a coffeehouse poet I think beret, glasses, long earrings or hoop earrings, jeans tucked in to tall boots, a poncho or cape, an Indian style caftan top, a big shoulder bag. Go to a coffeehouse (preferably close to a college campus) and sit there by yourself for a couple hours--look at everyone that comes in and take notes of things you like. All of us try to emulate someone we think is cool, to varying degrees--there is nothing wrong w that! In fact, if you see someone you think looks awesome, you could ask to take their picture, why not?! Or say, I love your jacket, where did you get that? Everyone loves to be complimented, so I doubt they'd think you were a freak.

Leave no stone unturned. Look in thrift stores, resale shops, yard sales, flea markets, ebay, online stores, boutiques (for your look, I'd recommend the ones that sell jewellry and clothing from India and Thailand). When I was in h.s. I was so uptight, I was way too scared to wear clothes from Walmart or the thrift store--how shameful--I thought! (This was in the heyday of preppydom.) Once I got into college though, I became a total thrift store junkie, and I still am!!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: what will be the future?
Rating: 95% based on 9768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment