Friday, March 14, 2014

How do I get over high school?




Kawaii Kut


I graduated last year (2012) and since then I can't stop thinking about it. I can't keep thinking about what went wrong, and how I could've done better. I didn't have a good middle school experience either, but I'm not as obsessed with it as I am with High School...

I wasn't traditionally "bullied", but I was ostracized and outcasted for reasons I'm still trying to figure out. I keep flashing back to things people have said to me, and how misunderstood I was.

Fall of 2012, I went to a VERY local community college, at first I loved it, but then I noticed all the people(from high school were attending) that disliked me (the feeling was mutual) and I became a wreck again. I did not attend that CC for spring semester (2013) and I am now in the process of transferring to another CC in the next city over.

I think it would be best if I surrounded myself with new people, and I could start over on a good foot.
I don't care about having a "network" I'm kind of a loner...



Answer
Things aren't black and white. Your close friends wouldn't appreciate it if you distanced yourself from them because they are from the same "mixed bag" of high school jerks. Maintain close relationships with your close friends with highschool, yes, you may have to consequently hang out with THEIR friends who went to the same highschool, which of whom you don't like...but this is the adult world, people have to hang out with people they don't like in the office, at church, at the neigboorhood bbq, ect..they act fake nice with each other and they mutually understand they don't like each other, it's BS adulthood.

While I HIGHLY recommend your don't START OVER, you should expand your network and not keep all your eggs in the high school basket.

Remember, you don't have to be friends with all of your friends friends, just tolerate their company and act polite. You need to maintain your long standing relationships. If your tired of the catty BS and gossip, try not to overgeneralize and assume it's simply the popular thing to do in your high school...as you all get older the number of chatty cathys and "mean girls" dwindle..those who remain in those categories are the losers who have crap jobs and marry ugly unsuccessful men.

I used to be popular, and now im not and im unpopular? :(?

Q. You know facebook's got that new timeline thing?
Well I used it to scroll back down to 2010 when I was at my highest peak of popularity; I had wallposts everday from people I barely knew with '<3', I had mates talking to me all the time, I used to like peope's status and have about 50+ like's on my status's! I Went out with mates, smoked weed, people saw me as cool and fun, I played out like everyday aswell;

Then.
I started concentrating on school work, actually doing the work for once! (This was at the end of my GCSE's and I had done almost zero work throughout the year so suddenly had to catch up about March-May 2011);
My popularity dropped like a bag of cow ****.
I did, however, get some decent grades for my GCSE's, but ended up not going out and losing friends.

-Then when I started to get phonecalls from friends asking me to come out, I either ignored the phone as it rang, or answered and came up with an excuse not to go out; because I got into the habit of staying in and felt really anxious and scared of going back out!
Today, if you look on my facebook for 2012 it's like... empty. I don't ever even use it, and when I do I literally get ZERO likes on ANYTHING. I'm a ghost. All the people using it seem to be about the age I was when I was extremely popular;
And Now, it's april 2012, i've been doing A-LEVELS since last september; and I absaloutely work my *** of all the time; never go out; never see anyone; became a nerd and hang out with the nerds.
:(
What can I do to get myself popular once again?:(


Answer
Everyone has its up's and down's even artist's have that up and down too , life is a roller coaster.
Idk if you are in high school but thats the way it is in there if you want to rise up you gotta do a lot but at the end is useless cuz u graduate and u will never see those people again and then u start to hang out with people from work and so on.

If you want to be popular again u gotta stop calling people first they gotta call you to hang out.
Do interesting things and people well start talking , do things or wear clothes that no one has seen before be original be you and u will get back to popular but is no big deal i mean u graduate and thats it you are out of there.

good luck and be ur self.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I get over high school?
Rating: 95% based on 9768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment