Sunday, March 9, 2014

Suspended for tylenol in Backpack...?




Kennys_gal


My Son who has never once gotten in trouble at school just got a 10 day suspension for having tylenol in his packpack...I understand there is a need to have a o tolerance policy when it comes to drugs iin school, but i think 10 days for tlenol is a bit dramatic...What do you think of t his?


Answer
I'm quite sorry your son was suspended. But you need to consider some other viewpoints, and not just that of the mother of the child with Tylenol.

The biggest problem in teen drug use in the US today is from medications taken out of home medicine cabinets. Often these are transferred into other bottles to disguise them, or just so they can take one or 2 and not have the parents or others in the house notice. (This is not to say your son had anything other than Tylenol)

The faculty and administration at a school are not experts in pill identification, nor are the school nurses qualified to do this. Any pill they find must be considered dangerous. This is the reason for zero tolerance rules. A kid with a bottle of aspirin, might well actually be carrying morphine tablets in the bottle.

If your son had been given some pill by another kid who was walking through the school unchallenged with a seemingly harmless bottle of over the counter medication, and had a severe reaction or died; you, yourself would be the strongest person on YA for zero tolerance.

In this case you are hit by the other side of zero tolerance, but you need to look at it from the school's perspective. The school policy is no medications of any type or a 10 day suspension. If your son gets off for Tylenol, should the next kid get a not lunch suspension for OxyContin?

Try to understand. In this case, the error was your child's and the school was correct.

Working with strong medications everyday, I too often see people trying to divert them, and have to stop prescriptions, etc to try to keep people from using medications improperly.

At the beginning of the school year I take a bottle of Advil to the school for my child and give the school nurse instructions on how it is to be used. If my daughter showed up with pills of any type I would want to know about them.

What should I say to this kid who's bugging me?




Silly litt


Just last week he tells me I look like a hippie and tells me I need a haircut. I said "nope, not interested."

Then just today, he tugs on my backpack, trying to take it from my hand. I told him to get the f*ck away from me.

What now, incase he bugs me again?



Answer
Show the kid the error of his ways. Explain to him that you are a straight guy not interested in himand that he take his homosexual a$$ elsewhere, insult his manhood.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Suspended for tylenol in Backpack...?
Rating: 95% based on 9768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment