Tuesday, October 15, 2013

What kind of degree do you need to teach english in japan?

school bags japan
 on Anello Japan Floral Print Vintage Style Backpack Canvas School Bag ...
school bags japan image
Q. I also wanted to ask how americans are thought of over there by japanese guys and girls.

I think japan's really cool and even though I didnt start college yet - I want to move there. Any tips would be appreciated! :)

Thank you


Answer
I think getting a conversation English job right out of college is still pretty easy, maybe a little more difficult than 5 years ago, when I came here. Its a good stepping stone into more interesting opportunites but the job is easy, you meet lots of Japanese, and you can see whether or not you like the country. If you don't you can take your saved pay and trek across Asia for a few months. Lots of folks end up on that route.

Japanese guys and girls, in regards to Americans, are a mixed bag. I get tired of the way Japanese are normal enough people, but they get all weird when they're forced to intereact with one of us. Most of it is based on the fact they slept through (or are currently sleeping through) English classes in High School. You can't blame them, English in Japan is painfully boring and no one bothers to teach you how to speak.
So if you can speak Japanese to the ones (the majority) who don't want to speak English, and then speak English to the ones who want to practice their English. (the minority)
I like Japanese young kids--(sorry I mean your age) because they aren't as reserved as adults quite yet. But I really don't like their music, so if you like J-Pop, and Japanese reggae and whatnot, that would be good as well. As long as you speak a little bit of the language, you'll have no problem making friends and a boyfriend too, if you're so inclined.

What where any ones experiences in traveling and living in Japan?

Q. I'm a girl who wants to travel to Japan my self. I feel the best knowledge to starting is from the people who navigated through the bureaucracy and cross cultural labyrinths them selves. So please anyone share your story and help me.


Answer
Hey, just like to introduce myself, my name's Kate, and I spent a year over in Japan in Okazaki, close to Nagoya. There I stayed with two host families and attended school an 1 hour away from my hosts.

It was a pretty amazing, eye opening experience for me, and made me grow up a lot (I was 16 when I went over) Because despite having a host family for support, simple everyday things I had to rely on myself, e.g. getting from one place to another, breaking down communication barriers between my peers, etc.

Japan is a wonderful place, with a mix of traditional and modern culture. The people vary between one another just like any other culture out there. Though I noticed when I was over there that they all shared very group orientated thinking and are very kind, liked to help others. Also for some people I met, they were very nervous to talk to me as they thought I could only speak English but were surprised when I wiped up a conversation out of no-where in Japanese. :) (so if your planning to go, try learning a bit of the language so you won't have problems with language barriers as much)

Transport in Japan is very efficient and they have lots of different types that can help you navigate through any city. Transport is also relatively cheap as well, which is a bonus, however if you consider going by Shinkansen (bullet train) thats a different case (prices range $50AUS above) In comparison to Australian transport, it was like a god send and prevented me from having to wait over an hour just to go two stops :)

You'll also notice upon arriving in Japan that there is a interesting popular culture (or you already know). During my stay I noticed that I slowly became interested in their trends and resulted in my buying too much merchandise, some of those things include stationary with cute characters on them, key chains, bags, plushies, etc. you name it >< so warning, you may want to want to buy everything!

I can't help but still be in awe by all the different places and scenery that makes up Japan, things from the rice fields near surburban residential areas to hidden temples and shrines on side streets to views of the city at night, its breathtaking.

Well I can't really cover everything I did and see when I was there but its something to experience yourself. Everyone's experience will be different, I think. So hope you find the information you need and you have a wonderful time travelling in the future in Japan! :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What kind of degree do you need to teach english in japan?
Rating: 95% based on 9768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment