Friday, January 17, 2014

Can I work with my parents if I cant find a job?

korean school bags
 on ... school bag, free shipping-in School Bags from Luggage & Bags on
korean school bags image



Daniel O


am going to be a F1 visa student when I turn 21. I am 19 years old, studying to transfer to UC Santa Barbara pursuing computer science major.

My parents are here in the United States with their E2 visa owned dry cleaning business for the last 11 years. So I am an E2 visa dependent right now.

I am having this constant fear about failing computer science degree nor getting jobs with it. Since I am not very studious person. Also, if I get laid off, I will have to leave this country. I do not feel confident.

To be honest with you, I like working with labors. Its the kind of thing that I feel most comfortable with. I have limited knowledge about dry cleaning, but if I learn I can do it.

I want to talk to my parents and tell them what I really want to be. I cannot leave this country because my family is here. Also I will have to join the Korean army for 2 years. Which is a complete waste of time.

What should I do?
Or is my only path is to get bachelor degree and hope to find a job? I am scared.



Answer
My wife and I owned a dry cleaners. My two sons at various times worked for us. They had legitimate jobs, wee paid a salary and were on the books. You do not have to know cleaning to work in a dry cleaners. There are other jobs such as working the counter, marking clothes in, and bagging.

You can also go to school part time and take evening classes.

Good luck./

is South Korea a safe country to go teaching in?




ella-blah2


I want to teach english,can anyone give me some info on agencies and the country itself?


Answer
Yes, South Korea is very safe to live.

Yes, the North/South Issue is always on your mind when you live there. There was a near sink of a South Korean Navy Ship by the North when I live there in 2002 to 2004. In addition, there were several military shootings across the DMZ.

As for the day to day life, it is really nice. There are many places to go, the people are very friendly, and the job it self is not to bad.

Being an English Teacher is part being able to put up with the English School B.S., having the right students, and most of all being able to put it behind you when you go home for the day. The best thing I would recommend is the public school. This is called the EPIK Program, a great city is Seoul or Pusan (sometime called Busan).

http://www.teachaway.com/content/epik-english-program-korea-public-school-jobs-korea

Try to stay away from the private schools, they can be a mixed bag.
Also try Pusan Web;

http://www.pusanweb.com/

This is a website of mostly foreigners living in South Korea. Also there are many Koreans who want to meet and make friends with Foreigners. I would recommend this site to meet people before you get to South Korea. You can also find postings for jobs, apartment, and forums, and general information on Korea.

Also try Korea Bridge, it has a lot of the same info as Pusan Web, but more detail.

http://koreabridge.net/


If you like South Korea after the first year another great job is teach at the Universities.

If you have more questions, please feel free to e-mail me.

Philly Guy




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can I work with my parents if I cant find a job?
Rating: 95% based on 9768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment