Sunday, February 23, 2014

Kid friendly meals while out backpacking?




wannabeout


I'm taking my kids out to the Backcountry for the first time in a couple of weeks. I know all about feeding adults while camping/hiking, I've just never taken kids out in a situation where I can't just open up the cooler and get them food that they like. So I need some easy to prepare backpacking friendly recipies that KIDS will LIKE.


Answer
The classic is mac and cheese. Most kids will eat this. Also by ramen noodles and add anything your imagine takes you to this, even salami, or jerky, dried vetg, mushrooms, etc. Hot cocoa is a must too and goodies like chocolate, marshmallows and a variety of crackers. I also buy instant oatmeal for breakfast and dried fruit. Don't buy too much dehydrated food because of the expense, but first go to your regular market and see what kind of stuff you can buy all ready made in a box. I then throw away the box and put it into ziplocks with cooking instructions slipped inside the bag. I find buying and packing for a backpacking trip is a challenge, but great fun. Kids can come up with great ideas too.

Already made babysitting kit?




Angel


Where can i buy a already made babysitting kit?
*** A babysitting kit normally has things you would need while babysitting. I found one like two years ago and i cant find another.



Answer
i dont no were u could buy one, but its really simple to make one! i made one for my self all it is is a tote bag or even a backpack with stuff in it! this is what i put in mine: colouring pages, crayons, craft stuff, a kids movie, stickers, sticker book, books, information for the family ( i have a binder), a stuffed animal, maybe a barbie (only if i will babysit a girl), some snacks, some things to hide around the house for a scavenger hunt, and anything you think YOU will need for when the kids fall asleep liek a book or i pod.

sorry i didnt no were to buy one, i just no what to put in it!
have fun babysitting!!!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Kid friendly meals while out backpacking?
Rating: 95% based on 9768 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment